5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 12:07 PM by Bashar.

EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa

UDA

Hi

i have to export 10Tb size EBIZ R12.1.3 database and import into OEL 12.1.0.2 OEL on Exa.
      system is up and running, cannot STOP at all.

i have some doubts, need clarification

As per MOS Document 1585256.1, Section 3, remove MGDSYS before start an export.

Q1. Can i exclude this user in my export

export file as per the patch
      directory=dmpdir
      dumpfile=aexp%U.dmp
      filesize=1048576000
      full=y
      exclude=schema:"=MGDSYS"
      logfile=expdpapps.log
      metrics=y
      QUERY=applsys.wf_item_attribute_values:"where item_type!='WFERROR' and name != 'EVENT_MESSAGE'"
      flashback_scn=current scn

Q2. to make export consistent, i want to add flashback_scn= current scn. Will it effect performance.

TIA

Ansari

• 1. Re: EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa
          Bashar.

Hi,

How are you going to migrate the database and keep the system running at the same time?!

If you want minimal downtime then you should look for something other than export/import.

A1. Verify that no objects are referencing the MGDSYS schema. If no dependencies are found then it might be possible to exclude it.

A2. It is not advisable to modify the export parameter file. The parameter you mentioned might affect performance but I have no evidence on its impact.

Regards,

Bashar

• 2. Re: EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa
            UDA

Dear Bashar,

Thanks for reply.

Why we cannot make a change in parameter file?

Q3. I want to take dump of 10g Size. Dump estimate is 21Terrabytes. Where can I find reference on dumpfile size limit?

Is it possible to increase dumpsize. I have only two hours to start the dump or real running system.

Will appreciate.

Thanks

Ansari

• 3. Re: EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa
              Bashar.

Oracle mentions in the export/import document that you should not change any of the parameters used with the parameter file except those you are instructed to change.

The dump file size is OS dependent. Most 64-bit operating systems will allow up to 32 GB file sizes.

Since you will have a very big dump, I guess that you can increase the dump file size to avoid having 21,000+ files!

The export process is expected to take very long time.

Have you considered other alternatives?

Regards,

Bashar

• 4. Re: EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa
                UDA

I used dumpsize 300Gb and flashback_scn to get a consistent export. it is a requirement for my project.

getting following errors.

ORA-31693: Table data object "XXFAH"."XLA_AE_LINES_H":"XXCTF"."XXCTF_P20150301" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:

ORA-02354: error in exporting/importing data

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 78 with name "_SYSSMU78_362447818$" too small

ORA-31693: Table data object "XXFAH"."XLA_AE_LINES_H":"XXSIB"."XXSIB_P20142406" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 47 with name "_SYSSMU47_761891792$" too small

ORA-31693: Table data object "XXFAH"."XXFAH_SIB_HEADER_TRX_H":"SYS_P130666" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 56 with name "_SYSSMU56_1033185256$" too small

ORA-31693: Table data object "XXFAH"."XXFAH_SIB_HEADER_TRX_H":"SYS_P98767" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:

ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 44 with name "_SYSSMU44_333132719$" too small

ORA-31693: Table data object "XXFAH"."XLA_AE_LINES_H":"XXCTF"."XXCTF_P20150401" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to erro

These errors are 25000+ for tables, partitions and sub-partitions. one of them applsys.fnd_lob also.

reviewed notes

query  dba_tab_modifications and found that many of these have no transactions since 1 year.

I need consistent dump

this will be loaded to new system

then goldengate will be used to replicate remaining transactions.

once both system are verified having same rows, then production will be stopped and new will continue.

you asked How are you going to migrate the database and keep the system running at the same time?!

This is my zero-down-time migration project.

I have increased undo retention and undo tablespace and started the export again.

if you have any solution please advise.

Regards,

Ansari

• 5. Re: EBS R12.13 database 11.2.0.3 on AIX to export and Import into 12.1.0.2 OEL6 on Exa
                  Bashar.

What are the sizes of these custom tables/partitions/sub-partitions?

For the meantime, you should size the undo tablespace properly and try the export. If the current run finishes without errors then you're done.

Regards,

Bashar