4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 7:37 PM by Beauty_and_dBest

Kill EBS inactive sessions

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi ALL,

EBS R12.1.3

11gR1

OL5

We have lots of inactive sessions staying in our database for more than 4 days?

Is it okay to kill them? Below are the programs being run:

Can you help me identify what types of programs are they?

a. FNDSM                 - My guess is this is a concurrent batch program?

b. JDBC Thin Client  - My guess is this is a java form?

c. FRMWEB              - My guess is this is Oracle Forms?

d. RWRUN                - My guess is this is Oracle Reports?

e. STANDARD           - My guess is this is also standard concurrent program?

What are the other program types you encountered?

Which of the above is the priority to kill, to release resources and be able the users to login? Right now new users can not login

Please help....

Kind regards,

jc

• 1. Re: Kill EBS inactive sessions
          Shaik

Hi Jena

You are checking database sessions here, check the STATUS to confirm.

SELECT sid, serial#, status FROM v$session;

ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION 'sid,serial#' IMMEDIATE;

For purging Inactive sessions in EBS go through the below note

Purging Strategy for E-Business Suite (Doc ID 732713.1)

Regards

Shaik

• 2. Re: Kill EBS inactive sessions
            Pravin Takpire

You can kill b and c. Always confirm if the processes are still there in application server machine. a,d and e are related to Concurrent Processing. Better not to kill them. also you should monitor long running concurrent requests. Check if the sessions are inactive. then cancel the Concurrent Requests ( off course after consultation with business users)

regards

Pravin

• 3. Re: Kill EBS inactive sessions

Hi Jenna,

Ans: This process is for Oracle Service Manager which is being used for Concurrent processing. You CANNOT kill this session or else you will end up with having multiple issues regarding Concurrent processing. Not Recommended.

Ans: Yes, You can kill those INACTIVE session but you need to be careful while killing JDBC thin Client sessions as Oracle Spawns few JDBC sessions for internal processing of Oracle Applications as you as you start up Services.

Ans: Yes, you can kill FRMWEB sessions older than 24 hours. As these are FORMS sessions.

Ans: This sessions are used for Oracle Reports. You need be careful before taking such decisions on killing those sessions. Not recommended.

Ans: NO, You must not kill INACTIVE STANDARD MANAGER'S INACTIVE sessions as these sessions are being used for Concurrent Processing. Not Recommended.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks, Nish

• 4. Re: Kill EBS inactive sessions
                Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks ALL,

Ans: Yes, You can kill those INACTIVE session but you need to be careful while killing JDBC thin Client sessions as Oracle Spawns few JDBC sessions for internal processing of Oracle Applications as you as you start up Services. How do I identify those JDBC sessions for internal processing? Do they stay more that four days in the database?

Sample are:

JDBC ThinClient > Module:JDBC ThinClient

JDBC ThinClient > Module:FNDCPOPP

JDBC ThinClient > Module: e:SYSADMIN:bes:apps.wf.notification.send.failure

Whic of the above should not be killed?

But our problem is we have long running runaway  and hanging reports programs that is spawning OS lots process causing error can not fork too many process. Are these programs  captured in the query? Or are these the ones named RWRUN?  Is there a mapping or a link between a concurrent program and the v$session? Or how do I select all the session of all batch report concurrent programs?

Or is there a database query to monitor long running concurrent requests?

Kind regards,