3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 6:00 PM by Michael Verzijl

Date Prompt hitting Cache in Obiee 11g

Hi All,

There are two date fields Eff_Frm and Eff_to  used in prompts with  Eff_from >=   and  Eff_To as <=

1. when Eff_to date is passed some value and run the dashboard it results the data.  (eg: Eff_To <= 9/13/2016 )

2. After which clearing this date field value and adding a value to Eff_Frm date and than click on apply,  the report picks previous value of Eff_to date even though i had deleted the value.

Looks like Eff_to date is hitting cache. (eg: Eff_Frm >= 7/7/2016  and Eff_To <= Null ) -> Apply

On clicking Apply the report displays filters as Eff_Frm >= 7/7/2016 and Eff_To <= 9/13/2016 . (Note i had deleted the value for Eff_To date)

How to remove this cache issue for dashboard prompts?

Please help!

Thanks,

LonaD

• 1. Re: Date Prompt hitting Cache in Obiee 11g

I now could debug on above explained behavior as why the dates hit cache, because every time when the report results data in table or pivot format.

The report on mouse hover the column has a ascending/descending option.

If for any Eff_to date value i do an ascending/ descending in the report, and then clear the prompt value and select Eff_Frm date value. It somehow used to take Eff_to date value in the report and used to return data with and condition. Like explained above. (even in the prompt clearing Eff_to value)

Can anyone suggest solution for this scenario ? Is there a way to avoid this type of caching issue.

Note: I have even tested by disable cache properties for the respective table and also by pass presentation cache.

Please help!!

Thanks,

LonaD

• 2. Re: Date Prompt hitting Cache in Obiee 11g

Hi All,

Can any one please help if there is a workaround for this cache issue during sorting or is it OBI BUG.

I am working on OBI 11.1.1.7.150120  version.

Thanks in advance

LonaD

• 3. Re: Date Prompt hitting Cache in Obiee 11g
              Michael Verzijl

Would not expect this behavior from cache to be honest. Could you share some SQL statements?