6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2016 4:53 PM by rp0428

No connection

I need help please...when I try to connect the sql developer it shows a message ( ES error: The network adapter could not stablish the connection ) and I cannot run it. Can someone help?

• 1. Re: No connection
          Alex-D

What are your connection parameters? Please show the screenshot.

Did you try to connect to the base by other means like sqlplus? Does tnsping work?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No connection
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

did you install a database? SQL Developer is JUST a client, it doesn't include a database to work with

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: No connection

It goes like this. I've just started a new college course. I've been told to install sql developer to study with it.

Status : Com FalhaFalha no teste: Erro de ES: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

It shows ES error....

My professor told me to check my firewall and windows defender settings. I tried but it doesn't work yet.

We had a script to follow to install, I did as told, but no success.

• 4. Re: No connection
                BeGin

Are you able to resolve and ping the host of your database ?

regards,

--

Bertrand

• 5. Re: No connection
                  thatJeffSmith-Oracle

try the ip address instead of the servername, but definitely make sure you can see the server on your network, which the 'ping' will ascertain

• 6. Re: No connection

It shows ES error....

My professor told me to check my firewall and windows defender settings. I tried but it doesn't work yet.

Your professor should be able to help you 'solve' your problem.

We can't help you since you haven't SHOWN US what you are doing.

That exception means that there IS NO DATABASE for the server name, port, host name you are providing.