6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 10:33 AM by Doifode

How to check what changes made to Reopened POs

Bommi

Hi Experts,

Hi Experts,

I have a PO which is closed.

But, when I reopen that PO how and what tables will be effected? How can I get to know this is reopened PO?

Also, I want to know what changes are made to POs from these tables.

For example, initially while creating PO, I added only 1 line. Later after process is completed, I closed PO and reopened PO and added new line (or before closing only I added new line).

Or after initial creation of PO and approved with 1 line, I changed that line either by changing the Item/ Quantity or any other details....

So, I need these details. Where to check what POs changes and what changes made and by whom.

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 1. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
          Doifode

hi,

when ever you adds the line in po, in what ever conditions, po_lines_all and po_line_locations_all will get populated and  a line is generated in tables for your new line.

you can check who did changes from who columns

i.e. creation_date

created_by

if you want to know who updated or did last changes then just check the columns

last_updated_by
          last_update_date

you need to creare one line in po from front end and check in po's base tables what changes happen when you create a new line and all other things.

by doing that you will get the better understanding of changes happening in back end.

• 2. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
            Bommi

Hi Doifode,

Thanks for your response

But, is there any possibility that we can check what changes made?

For example, while create PO, I added 1 line with quantity 50. And later I changed the quantity to 100. In this scenario we can check only who/when made  the changes, but we cannot find what changes made

So, I want to know this also.

I got to know we can make use of PO_HEADERS_ARCHIVE_ALL, PO_LINES_ARCHIVE_ALL, PO_LINE_LOCATIONS_ARCHIVE_ALL and PO_DISTRIBUTIONS_ARCHIVE_ALL tables. But, here also we can find only whether it is newly added line/ changes made to existing line. But, we cannot find what changes made to existing line.

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 3. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
              Bommi

Also, just now I observed that we have 'PO Change History Form' (PO Resp > Purchase Orders > PO Change History) where we can see all the changes that are made to PO.

But here, we can get to know what changes are made to PO, but not by whom and when

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 4. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
                Doifode

hi,

PO_HEADERS_ARCHIVE_ALL have created_by column  which captures who have made the changes and creation_date captures the date it is changed.

• 5. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
                  Bommi

Hi Doifode,

Yes, what you said is correct.

But, I also want to know what changes are made.

As I said before, by using the 'PO Change History Form' we can get to know what changes are made. But here, in this form, we cannot get who/when changes are made.

So, is there any other process so that we can join ARCHIVE tables and 'PO Change History Form' so that we can get to know complete details like who,when and what changes are made all at one shot.

Also, how can we check the code in 'PO Change History Form'? May be, that will help my requirement.

Thanks in Advance,

Bommi

• 6. Re: How to check what changes made to Reopened POs
                    Doifode

hi,

PO Change History Form uses the ARCHIVE tables.so you dont need to do that.

just create a query to get wanted data.

just pass the po_header_id and you can get the desired data from archive table.