3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 4:59 AM by anjuls

SQLcl is now Production. SQLDev v4.2 is available as an Early Adopter.

thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Links and notes on the OTN product pages...

Please share your feedback here.

SQLcl bugs go to support like any other released and supported product.

• 1. Re: SQLcl is now Production. SQLDev v4.2 is available as an Early Adopter.
          Gbenga Ajakaye

This is exciting Jeff and I'm looking forward to testing it out. I'll post my feedback or bugs.

• 2. Re: SQLcl is now Production. SQLDev v4.2 is available as an Early Adopter.
            ad062af0-8a9f-47d8-a518-d4776488403c

I am pretty ecstatic to hear about the release of the Early Adopter of 4.2, mostly because of the SQL formatter

After trying it for a little bit i have some feedback. I know some of the things i'm pointing would be new features, but stay with me.

Take this first query as an example (sorry about the old notation on table joins, house rules).

Overall the final output is very decent but in the comments I point several little things.

-- Original Query
            select * from object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv, policy p where p.policy_seq_no =:c_in_policy_seq_no and oalv.policy_no = p.policy_no;

-- Formatted Query
            SELECT
            FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,
                 policy p
            WHERE p.policy_seq_no =:c_in_policy_seq_no
            AND oalv.policy_no = p.policy_no;

-- Expected result
            SELECT *
              FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,  -- Right aligning keywords (new feature?)
                   policy p
             WHERE p.policy_seq_no = :c_in_policy_seq_no -- Note the space after = and spacing of both sides of =
               AND oalv.policy_no  = p.policy_no;        -- Right aligning would be amazing but it seems to be missing

Slightly changing the query we get a strange result that does not line break after the column in SELECT.

-- Original Query
            select p.policy_no from object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv, policy p where p.policy_seq_no =:c_in_policy_seq_no and oalv.policy_no = p.policy_no;

-- Formatted Query
            SELECT p.policy_no FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,
                 policy p

-- Expected Result
            SELECT p.policy_no
              FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,  -- Right aligning keywords
                   policy p
             WHERE p.policy_seq_no = :c_in_policy_seq_no -- Note the space after = and spacing of both sides of =
               AND oalv.policy_no  = p.policy_no;        -- Right aligning would be amazing but it seems to be missing

Adding a new column to the SELECT statement seems to above's issue.

-- Original Query
            select p.policy_no, p.policy_seq_no from object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv, policy p where p.policy_seq_no =:c_in_policy_seq_no and oalv.policy_no = p.policy_no;

-- Formatted Query
            SELECT p.policy_no,
                   p.policy_seq_no
            FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,
                 policy p

-- Expected Result
            SELECT p.policy_no,
                   p.policy_seq_no
              FROM object_in_agreeement_line_view oalv,  -- Right aligning keywords
                   policy p

Please let me know if I can be of any help at all!

Pedro Diogo

• 3. Re: SQLcl is now Production. SQLDev v4.2 is available as an Early Adopter.
              anjuls

Hi,

Nice work on Instance viewer.

in real-time SQL monitoring report, I am missing the save report as HTML and a menu to see the details of the execution. In the earlier version, it was there and was helpful. In the current version, there are very fewer options.

Moreover, the details section shows like below. Memory etc are blurred always. I tried refreshing, restarting but didn't work.

sqldeveloper64W_2016-09-20_14-57-04.png

Cheers,

Anjul