5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 2:17 PM by ark86

Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis

ark86

Hi,

I want to make a report listing vehicles and salary of vehicles.

When i add Agent Name, Vehicle Name, and Salary, it repeats salary against vehicles as one agent has more than vehicles.

You can see the total is also incorrect.

How can i get following output?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis
          Christian Berg

Not sure this is even conceptually possible since "value suppression" means dimensional attribute value suppression and not measure suppression. It's a level-based measure in your case and will always be repeated. Because it's a measure.

• 2. Re: Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis
            Thomas Dodds

What you are struggling with is 'query grain' ... really to show the correct information is to split out the agent from the vehicle (via the method Christian Berg has mentioned):

Agent Name     |     level based measure at Agent     |     Vehicle     |     base measure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent 1                         5000                                              Honda                    1500

Agent 1                         5000                                              Toyota                    3500

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent 2                         15000                                            Suzuki                    500

Agent 2                         15000                                            Audi                        10500

Agent 2                         15000                                            Nissan                    4000

TOTAL                           20000                                                                          20000

With the proper logical constructs you can then have a master-detail table; master shows the agent and total; click the agent and detail shows you the vehicles and their contribution to total.

• 3. Re: Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis
              ark86

I understand that it was a wishful thinking but it was a requirement. I've handled this at DB end. Thank you for your valuable input.

Regards,

ARK

• 4. Re: Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis
                Thomas Dodds

A requirement is an agreed upon item to be worked ... when an ask isn't inline with functionality of the tool it should ever become a requirement. 

• 5. Re: Suppress measure against dimensions in analysis
                  ark86

I agree. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

ARK