2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 9:09 AM by Kiran Pawar

Apex5 with ORDS PDF charecter problem

emrealtunbilek

Hi,

I hope ı am correct place to begin a discussing about my problem.

I am using ords for my apex apllication. I can print my reports as pdf correctly. But some turkish characters are showed as like tihs: #..

For example name of a customer is 'Eiğşüç', and this is stored and showed correctly. But ın pdf output it looks lik Ei##ü#..

Please help, i dont know why this is happening and correct this problem.

Thanks..

• 1. Re: Apex5 with ORDS PDF charecter problem
          Mike Kutz

APEX Printer configuration?

ORDS version?

What is your database's character set?

It sounds like a character set conversion problem.

The only way that I know how to solve this type of problem is to ensure that all tiers are using UTF8 character set.

(database, web-server, PDF rendering engine, client web-browser)

My $0.02

MK

• 2. Re: Apex5 with ORDS PDF charecter problem
            Kiran Pawar

Hi emrealunbilek,

emrealtunbilek wrote:

I hope ı am correct place to begin a discussing about my problem.

I am using ords for my apex apllication. I can print my reports as pdf correctly. But some turkish characters are showed as like tihs: #..

For example name of a customer is 'Eiğşüç', and this is stored and showed correctly. But ın pdf output it looks lik Ei##ü#..

Please help, i dont know why this is happening and correct this problem.

This is regarding ORDS as Print Server option for Oracle APEX, hence this is the correct place to post this.

Also, I agree with the views expressed by Mike regarding where this issue might be.

But from my earlier experience, as ORDS uses Apache FOP bundled with it for PDF printing, this might be the issue regarding that.

So, basically don't know whether the Turkish language support is there for Apache FOP bundled with ORDS 3.0 (hoping you are using the latest version).

This was discussed in one of my earlier threads: Apache FOP missing from Oracle APEX installables for APEX 5.0 and APEX 5.0.1 where Marc Sewtz-Oracle had replied regarding those issues.

There is workaround for it though and is a bit of tedious one:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kiran