3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 5:54 AM by 3253977

SQL Developer Timeout error

Hi Experts,

I am seeing time out error when connecting using kerberos authentication client. Please suggest where to start.Please suggest where to start.

Just to add same user can connect to database using Sqlplus and toad using karbros authentication that means I can Kerberos authentication is setup correctly at database side.

Please find the logs attached error message.

Thanks

Deepesh

• 1. Re: SQL Developer Timeout error
          Gaz in Oz

Hi

What does the sqlplus connection look like and what does the tOaD connection string look like?

...and what options have you set under the [Advanced...] button?

My understanding of setting up the db and the client to use kerberos is that you don't need to specify a password to login, and yet, you do. That looks wrong.

Also, SQL Developer needs to be setup to use the OCI THICK client to be able to use kerberos sucesfully.

Here's a great step by step guide:

http://www.ateam-oracle.com/configuring-your-oracle-database-for-kerberos-authentication/

Gaz.

• 2. Re: SQL Developer Timeout error
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

>>Also, SQL Developer needs to be setup to use the OCI THICK client to be able to use kerberos sucesfully.

No.

Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced

See the bits on kerberos thin - the thin is for a jdbc thin connection - no oracle client.

Of course if you want to connect the same as SQL*Plus, you need to configure the client and make sure SQLDev can find your sqlnet.ora

• 3. Re: SQL Developer Timeout error

Thanks Jeff, Sorry for the late reply. 

-- user can connect using sqlplus.

C:\Users\bzhong>sqlplus /@FREMESDEV1

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Tue Nov 1 22:47:13 2016

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL>

But for SQL Dev:

I tried the settings.

1. Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced

I enabled Use Oracle Client and Use thick driver. it's not able login. when i click on test client I see this error.

----------------------

Testing the Oracle Home located at C:\app\dbhatia\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin

Testing client directory ... OK

Testing loading Oracle JDBC driver ... Failed:

C:\app\dbhatia\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin\jdbc\lib\ojdbc6.jar is not a valid jar file

------------------------------

2. Second,I tried with out enabling thick client it still doesn't work.

L_E5D0.tmp.PNG

When I test connection to database it give "invalid username password" but from sqlplus it works.

Please suggest if we can enable any logging to see where its failing.