1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 5:07 PM by rp0428

oracle database configuration

I follow this link for configure sql developer connection ..

I install all files. jdk , oracle database 12c, web logic , reports all i installed succesfuuly

I follow this link for installing of oracle database 12c

Installing Oracle Database 12c on Windows

so in  this link 8th point is

The Typical Install Configuration window appears. Click on a text field and then the balloon icon ( http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/12c/r1/Windows_DB_Install_OBE/images/more.gif )to know more about the field. Note that by default, the installer creates a container database along with a pluggable database called "pdborcl". The pluggable database contains the sample HR schema. Change the Global database name toorcl. Enter the "Administrative password" as Oracle_1. This password will be used later to log into administrator accounts such as SYS and SYSTEM. Click Next.

so i enter username and password  Oracle_1

but this shows error

i have Oracle home not oracle_1

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home

and

D:\app\OracleHomeUser1

and

listener is

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)

(ORACLE_HOME = D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1)

(PROGRAM = extproc)

(ENVS = "EXTPROC_DLLS=ONLY:D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\bin\oraclr12.dll")

)

)

LISTENER =

(DESCRIPTION_LIST =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))

)

)

tns is

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER_ORCL =

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = CLRExtProc)

(PRESENTATION = RO)

)

)

ORCL =

(DESCRIPTION =

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SERVER = DEDICATED)

(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)

)

)

and how i configure this connection?

any help please

• 1. Re: oracle database configuration
          Mustafa KALAYCI

Change "Connection type" to TNS from Basic, than select ORCL from the list or change SID to ORCL from xe. you are trying to connect to wrong database.

• 2. Re: oracle database configuration
            Pavan Kumar

Please add database service to listener "LISTENER" -- using netmgr, and reload the lsnrctl services and try to connect.

I knew by default database listens on 1521 port (basic) still you can give a try

Q- why are you giving service as xe ? since its orcl as per you tnsnames.ora

Q- what is your db name ?

Q - Is this Oracle db express or enterprise edition full install ?

- Pavan Kumar N

• 3. Re: oracle database configuration
              AndrewSayer

3155808 wrote:

I follow this link for configure sql developer connection ..

I install all files. jdk , oracle database 12c, web logic , reports all i installed succesfuuly

I follow this link for installing of oracle database 12c

Installing Oracle Database 12c on Windows

so in this link 8th point is

The Typical Install Configuration window appears. Click on a text field and then the balloon icon ( http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/12c/r1/Windows_DB_Install_OBE/images/more.gif )to know more about the field. Note that by default, the installer creates a container database along with a pluggable database called "pdborcl". The pluggable database contains the sample HR schema. Change the Global database name toorcl. Enter the "Administrative password" as Oracle_1. This password will be used later to log into administrator accounts such as SYS and SYSTEM. Click Next.

so i enter username and password Oracle_1

and how i configure this connection?

any help please

Where did you enter username Oracle_1? I don't see anything in point 8 about entering a username. This part of the setup is for the administrator account passwords like SYS and SYSTEM (as the bit you copied and pasted stated).

Anyway, your issue is that you are trying to connect to an instance that doesn't exist (and therefore hasn't registered with the listener). You could change your connection type to TNS and choose ORCL from the drop down if that's where you want to connect to (assuming that's what you created). You'll probably need to ensure the database has started up first unless you are connecting using local connection and as sysdba.

• 4. Re: oracle database configuration

@Pavan Kumar

i dont know what is username and password.. i just follow this link for installation for oracle database 12c now i am confused how i connect to sql developer with correct username , password and connection name..

• 5. Re: oracle database configuration

@Andrew Sayer

i enter username Oracle_1 in username field which i paste screenshot .. from where i find username and password

• 6. Re: oracle database configuration
                    PKR

3155808 wrote:

i dont know what is username and password.. i just follow this link for installation for oracle database 12c now i am confused how i connect to sql developer with correct username , password and connection name..

Did you  connect Database through SQL*PLUS ??? if it "Yes" display it

see

SQL> system/xxxxx@orcl

• 7. Re: oracle database configuration
                      Russ Cannon

It would be helpful to see what the listener is listening for.  Run the command "lsnrctl status" on the server.

Cheers,

Russ

• 8. Re: oracle database configuration
                        AndrewSayer

3155808 wrote:

@Andrew Sayer

i enter username Oracle_1 in username field which i paste screenshot .. from where i find username and password

The screenshot you shared shows SQL developers connection window, it is not where you create users. When you create a database there are only oracle users like sys to start with. You know the password for them as you specified it in part 8 of the installation, although you don't technically need the password when you are logged into the db server as a privileged OS user.

To connect as sys you can choose a local connection type and choose the sysdba role, you'll then be connected to the CDB.

• 9. Re: oracle database configuration
                          Gbenga Ajakaye

I believe that the OP thinks that Oracle_1 is his ORACLE_HOME - but from what he posted, Oracle_1 is his adminstrative password. He need to make sure that he's tns file has the right details and functioning.

• 10. Re: oracle database configuration
                            Gbenga Ajakaye

He's trying to use SQL Developer as seen in the screenshot That the OP posted.

• 11. Re: oracle database configuration
                              John Thorton

when listener uses LOCALHOST as host name, then no remote client can ever connect to this listener & database.

Is SQL Developer running on the same system as the DB Server system?

no listener.ora file is required to start or use Oracle listener.

12505, 00000, "TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor"

// *Cause:  The listener received a request to establish a connection to a

// database or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener

// specified a SID for an instance (usually a database instance) that either

// has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has not been

// statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary condition

// such as after the listener has started, but before the database instance

// has registered with the listener.

// *Action:

//  - Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.

//  - Check which instances are currently known by the listener by executing:

//    lsnrctl services <listener name>

//  - Check that the SID parameter in the connect descriptor specifies

//    an instance known by the listener.

//  - Check for an event in the listener.log file.

post excerpt from listener.log file that conatins line with 12505 status code

• 12. Re: oracle database configuration

Russ Cannon this is listener status

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\my_name>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on 10-NOV-2016 00:15:53

Copyright (c) 1991, 2014, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))

STATUS of the LISTENER

------------------------

Alias                     LISTENER

Version                   TNSLSNR for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production

Start Date                31-OCT-2016 02:08:31

Uptime                    9 days 10 hr. 7 min. 55 sec

Trace Level               off

Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication

SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File   D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\listener.ora

Listener Log File         D:\app\OracleHomeUser1\diag\tnslsnr\DESKTOP-LP1P4S0\listener\alert\log.xml

Listening Endpoints Summary...

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcps)(HOST=DESKTOP-LP1P4S0)(PORT=5500))(Security=(my_wallet_directory=D:\APP\ORACLEHOMEUSER1\admin\orcl\xdb_wallet))(Presentation=HTTP)(Session=RAW))

Services Summary...

Service "CLRExtProc" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Service "orcl" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Service "orclXDB" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

The command completed successfully

C:\Users\my_name>

• 13. Re: oracle database configuration

@Andrew

yes the link where i follow instructions .. in this Verify the installation" part  he meniotned that

so when i enter this command

sqlplus sys/Oracle_1@pdborcl as sysdba

and enter username as sys and password as Oracle_1 this shows like this

where as at the time of installation i enter Oracle_1 password ..

but this shows error

any help please

• 14. Re: oracle database configuration
                                    Gbenga Ajakaye

Do:

• set ORACLE_SID=pdborcl
                                    • Sqlplus / as sysdba
                                    • select instance_name, status from v$instance;
                                    1 2 Previous Next