6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 2:24 PM by Gianni Ceresa

biee funnel view rules

Hi guys,

I'm wondering how biee caculate the pencentage of each stage if  i choose Last-stage Only.

Please check below snapshot as belows(Funnel graph with Last-stage Only, First stage 5 X  final stage target value):

20161116152851.png

The first stage i m trying to calc like this: (28/30*5)=0.1867, so this is 18.67% with percentage.

But for the other stage how it is calculate, such as 84.56%, 55.88%, 84,97% etc.

Apprecatiated if you can share the rules.

Thanks and Regards,

Alv

• 1. Re: biee funnel view rules
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

Apparently based on the doc there is a constant coming into the calculation:

Last-Stage Only:

Uses a standard shape with equal stage widths. It is similar to standard funnel except that the target values of all the stages before the last is calculated based on the last stage target value and a constant called target factor.

The simple part is that it's based on last stage target, the unknown part is the "constant called target factor".

Not really sure where this one come from or how it is calculated (the doc doesn't say anything special on that).

• 2. Re: biee funnel view rules
            A Pangul

Hi,

As you can see in the following screen shot, in funnel view always there is one expected value must be present for each stage. In your case, I think

the highlighted values are getting vary as per order status.

Thank you.

• 3. Re: biee funnel view rules

Yes, i have not found any docs on how to caculate this. That is what i am looking for.

• 4. Re: biee funnel view rules

Hi Pangul,

What you said is for standard funnel chat, not Last-stage Only.

Expected value is caculated by obiee automatically. That's  what i am trying to find out.

Correct me if misunderstood you.

Thanks and Regards

Alv

• 5. Re: biee funnel view rules
                  A Pangul

Hi,

It is similar to standard funnel except that the target values of all the stages before the last is calculated based on the last stage target value and a constant called target factor.

Thank you.

• 6. Re: biee funnel view rules
                    Gianni Ceresa

A Pangul wrote:

It is similar to standard funnel except that the target values of all the stages before the last is calculated based on the last stage target value and a constant called target factor.

That's what we already said and all agreed about, the point is what is the "constant called target factor" and where does it come from, what value does it takes and why ...