9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2016 10:28 PM by pscol

process id

pscol

Hi,

I would like to reset process id numer.

Are there any possibilities to do that via FDMEE interface?

BTW

I've found there is in AIF_SEQUENCES table, record LOAD_ID_SEQ which keeps the process id numer. I changed it and process id is reset (I suppose that also should be run System Maintenance Task)

Best regards

pscol

• 1. Re: process id
          Francisco Amores

In current version, you can't do it from UI, just from the DB as you did.

However, you need to be aware that changing that in the DB is not supported and you may have issues when working with FDMEE as some tables have data based on LOADID column.

REgards

• 2. Re: process id
            ThinkFDM

I second Francisco Amores's warning.  I wouldn't suggest doing this.  I am curious, why do you want to do reset the process ID?

• 3. Re: process id
              pscol

I'm going to conduct maintenance tasks which will clear FDMEE DB and directories and next to change process id.

Thank you.

Best regards

pscol

• 4. Re: process id
                pscol

Because I'm running batch every 5 minutes and Process ID is very high.

Best regards

pscol

• 5. Re: process id
                  ThinkFDM

Okay, I get it.  Just so you know, I've never encountered an issue where the Process ID reached some sort of limit.  So, while you see tons of process detail entries for your batches (whether there are files or not for a given batch), you should be okay just leaving things as is.

A couple of other things to consider and I'll get off my soapbox.  If you reset the process ID value, won't that cause some discrepancies with the process detail logs associated with IDs you've cleared out?  You also have other tables that reference the PROCESS_ID field, e.g. AIF_PROCESSES, AIF_PROCESS_DETAILS, and AIF_BATCH_LOAD_AUDIT.  If you reset the counter you may also have to clear out the corresponding info in other tables otherwise you may encounter problems.

Okay, I'm done with my rant. 

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.

• 6. Re: process id
                    USER1211

What version of Hyperion including patch level) are you on?

What errors are you seeing that require you to take such actions?

Had you sought to open an Oracle SR  and Oracle gave you such advice...?

If it maintenance procedures, then in the later version (11.1.2.4.2XX)of the software Oracle did provide certain scripts to allow for such.

As others have mentioned/cautioned you certainly want to be careful of just going about and deleting items from your tables as you run the risk of corrupting your model.

Good Luck

• 7. Re: process id
                      pscol

>I've never encountered an issue where the Process ID reached some sort of limit

How high value reached process id, do you remember?

Regarding other tables using process id, the Administrator's Guide Release 11.1.2.4.200, chapter or appendix 'H Purge Scripts' describes System Maintenance Tasks scripts which maintain tables and directories.

I've tested on the TEST env and I haven't noticed any problems.

Two notes!

- Running script (via UI) from System Maintenance Tasks generate new process id

- Maintain Application Folder script can not delete own process id log , in my opinion better way to backup / remove etc. is robocopy command

Thank you

Best regards

pscol

• 8. Re: process id
                        Francisco Amores

Are you scheduling an open batch?

Scheduling with high frequency is not recommended until Oracle adds a more intelligent way of managing open batch when there are no source files.

The best approach would be to create an external batch file which seeks for files and run the openbatch with runbatch.bat/sh utility when files are found.

Regards

• 9. Re: process id
                          pscol

>The best approach would be to create an external batch file which seeks for files and run the openbatch with runbatch.bat/sh utility when files are found.

I went above described way + windows scheduler.

Why? Because, the highest frequency accessible in FDMEE UI is 30 or 15 minutes (I don't remember)

Best regards

pscol