4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 11:36 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

See my sid and session

Shadow123

Hi All

Is that possible that whenever I open sql developer then I can see my sid and session ?. Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: See my sid and session
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

SID - yes.

SESSION - not sure what you mean by that. Have you looked at Tools > Monitor sessions?

But one way to approach this is with a LOGIN.SQL script.

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON

DECLARE

id integer;

BEGIN

SELECT SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'SID') into id

FROM DUAL;

dbms_output.put_line('My Session ID is ' || id || '.');

end;

Save this to a file.

Tools > preferences > Database > filename for connection startup script.

Connect, voila.

session_id.png

• 2. Re: See my sid and session

Is that possible that whenever I open sql developer then I can see my sid and session ?

Explain what you mean.

There is no 'sid' or 'session' until you actually connect to a database. And then it will depend on what database you connect to.

So - no - it is NOT possible to display sid or session just because you launched sql developer until a connection is actually opened.

Even then if you have three connections opened what sid/session do you want to see and where?

• 3. Re: See my sid and session
              Shadow123

Thanks for the reply, Actually I mean to say whenever I open any connection in SQL Developer then I can see my SID and Session for that specific connection.

• 4. Re: See my sid and session
                thatJeffSmith-Oracle

what do you mean by 'session?' See my previous reply for A way to do it for SID.