Possible cause are;
1. Your item is not assign to related Inventory Org.
2. What is your Line type on requisition, Expense or Good. Also Varify item type if it Expense item or Inventory item.
3.Item may not be purchable in IO.
Hello Sunil Singh,
My problem is i didn't understand the difference between creation an item in PIM and creating a catalog.
So, I want to create a requisition and use and item, should i create only an item in PIM or a catalog or both.
Please can you explain the difference of creating an item between EBS and cloud
Apologies, I cant tell you diff between cloud and EBS.As I am not aware how it works in Oracle Cloud.
While creating Item in R12......
1. After creating the item, in the same page, go to ‘General Planning’ tab. As we are going to buy the items from suppliers, select ‘Make or Buy’ as ‘Buy’.
2. Select the Source Type as ‘Supplier’
3. Also, cross check whether this item is assigned to multiple organizations (by clicking on Tools > Organization Assignments and assign to the organizations)
Catalogs are nothing but categories. You can create different categories and can assign to various functional areas(Like purchasing,Inventory etc.)
We can create Items in PIM and assign these items to Catalogs we previously created.
Now to answer your question,
"So, I want to create a requisition and use and item, should i create only an item in PIM or a catalog or both",
If you have Self service procurement, items will be only visible in SSP if you assign them to the catalog assigned to purchasing functional area. So it is mandatory to create catalogs.
Hope this helps