9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 9:10 PM by rp0428

[4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL

dherzhau

In the DBA Panel I can open a Resource Plan  an can see the details and so on but no SQL is displayed. If I choose create similar I get the DDL.

A small additional on is if DDL is generated it shows up DLL is generated.

Best regards

Dirk

• 1. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Is this where you're seeing the issue?

plan-sql.png

• 3. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
            thatJeffSmith-Oracle

we use dbms_metadata to get the DDL, could be a privilege issue with your logon user

view > log > statements - test those queries we use

here's the main one:

SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN',:NAME) FROM DUAL

• 4. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
              dherzhau

If I use the SYS account I could see thee DDL. But If I use my dba account I could not see the DDL. I have the impression that SQLDEVELOPER ist not using the schema parameter, could it be?

if I execute the following SQLS from SQLDEVELOPER you get:

SQL> select plan_id, plan from DBA_RSRC_PLANS where plan ='DSS_PLAN';

PLAN_ID PLAN                                                                                                                           

---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17314 DSS_PLAN                                                                                                                       

17314 DSS_PLAN                                                                                                                       

SQL>

SQL> SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN','DSS_PLAN') FROM DUAL;

Fehler beim Start in Zeile: 4 in Befehl -

SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN','DSS_PLAN') FROM DUAL

Fehlerbericht -

ORA-31603: Objekt "DSS_PLAN" vom Typ RMGR_PLAN  in Schema "DIRK" nicht gefunden

ORA-06512: in "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", Zeile 6069

ORA-06512: in "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", Zeile 8666

ORA-06512: in Zeile 1

SO Iget the DDL if specify the SCHEMA SYS:

SQL> SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN','DSS_PLAN','SYS') FROM DUAL;

DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN','DSS_PLAN','SYS')                            

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEGIN

DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER.CREATE_PLAN(

plan       =>'DSS_PLAN',

Manny Thanks for your support

• 5. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
                dherzhau

same Issue in 4.2 EA2

• 6. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
                  thatJeffSmith-Oracle

no 'issue' has been identified on our side yet - I'm guessing it's a privilege issue on your side

• 7. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL

Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle wrote:

we use dbms_metadata to get the DDL, could be a privilege issue with your logon user

view > log > statements - test those queries we use

here's the main one:

SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('RMGR_PLAN',:NAME) FROM DUAL

I haven't experimented with plans or tested this but OPs problem could be that query does NOT provide the schema and the default schema is current_user.

All resource manager plans are schema objects, are owned by SYS and the only dictionary view is DBA_RSRC_PLANS.

There is no equivalent ALL_... view. So I don't know if there is a specific privilege that could be granted.

I will try to find some time this weekend to research. Could be something that got overlooked or could be a special case is needed for sys owned objects.

• 8. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL
                      thatJeffSmith-Oracle

you have to grant some privs to get ddl on those views, but the details on that are on a MOS doc - so I suggest you open an SR with MOS

• 9. Re: [4.2 EA] Resource Plan shows no SQL

you have to grant some privs to get ddl on those views, but the details on that are on a MOS doc - so I suggest you open an SR with MOS

The access to the views isn't the issue. The issue appears to be:

1. the DBMS_METADATA method will default to the current user if the owner parameter isn't specified.

2. Sql dev, based on the query you posted, does NOT provided the owner parameter

3. the object is owned by sys so does not exist if the metadata query is for the current user and that user isn't sys.