4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 2:26 PM by J Reinhart

Hide Data in the report

miro_feps

Hi ,

i need to display a report in the below layout

the scenario for the business that user can specify the location for that billing line or he can leave it blank (in case of blank the billing line should be splited across all the locations )

as it is needed to be in tabular layout  the location specified in the service charges as above is repeated with the three lines of the locations splitted for the base rent & utility charge

Calculation for the service charge is done correctly , but i need to hide the values rounded in red in the last column , as u can see per location ids this service charge is applicable only for the last location

• 1. Re: Hide Data in the report
          miro_feps

Any clarification needed !!!!

• 2. Re: Hide Data in the report
            J Reinhart

if the need is to show the srvc_chrg only when the slocation value matches the value in all_locs, then setting field srvc_chrg to this would work:

decode( slocation, all_locs, srvc_chrg, null)

the result will be that if the value in slocation equals the value in all_locs, show the srvc_chrg, otherwise use null    So in your example, the last row, where slocation = 1253, would show the value and the other two would not.

If this isn't what you want, please clarify and I'll be glad to discuss it further.

Regards,

J

• 3. Re: Hide Data in the report
              miro_feps

Yeah it's working perfectly , thanks alot

• 4. Re: Hide Data in the report
                J Reinhart

I'm glad it worked.

By the way, if your report doesn't like a null value in the field, you can replace    null   with   ' '      (a space between two apostrophes) to put a space in the field or replace the     null    with    0     to show 0 as the value.

If you get a chance, why don't you mark the answer correct; future readers with the same question are more likely to read questions that are marked as answered when they do searches.

J