2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2017 9:29 PM by Prashant Umap

ADOP files system sync

We ran a patching cycle on our new production system and ran into an issue with our custom_tops.

It appears that not all the custom_tops sync'd.  Some did and some did not.  We have several custom tops.  Shouldn't the phase=prepare sync up all the custom tops?  We completed the entire patching cycle with no errors.  Additionally custom.dll also did not sync which was customized.

My understanding is that if the custom tops are registered they should sync with no additional configuration.  I found this note that talks about some additional setup that we can do.  We did this for a couple of files such as the CUSTOM.env file.

• 1. Re: ADOP files system sync
          mdtaylor

There is a note that talks about what you have to do to get this to work:

12.2 E-Business Suite Steps To Migrate The Custom Configuration Settings And Files From RUN To PATCH FILESYSTEM Using Tool ADOP_SYNC.DRV (Doc ID 2167878.1)

Unfortunately, I was not able to get it to work correctly on the 12.2 versions so I ended up adding a step to zip up the custom tops and custom java code before executing the prepare phase and copy them back after the fs_clone phase completes.

• 2. Re: ADOP files system sync
            Prashant Umap

Hello,

You need to update this file - /fh01/******/fs_ne/EBSapps/appl/ad/custom/ adop_sync.drv, before running any patch cycle.

Prashant