I have a trial account and want to create a JCS instance, so I first need to set a DBCS instance with backups enabled. To enable backups, I have to set the replication policy for storage cloud, but when I try to do that in the console, I get a blank pop-up and am unable to get at the configuration.
As a workaround, I tried setting the policy using REST API. I get an authentication token using the DC-specific URL for my storage cloud instance -
Once I have the token, I try to set the policy. I tried setting to 'em2-em3', to 'em3-em2', to 'em2' and to 'em3'. All throw the same 403 Forbidden error, and then a final error 'The operation was not performed because the replication policy has not been set. Sign in to My Services as the service administrator and select a replication policy for your service instance'.
[opc@skewesjolnx1 ~]$ curl -v -X POST -H "X-Auth-Token: AUTH_tka8030ec4cf953de1e45e571c8c0f1d55" -H "X-Account-Meta-Georeplication-Policy: em2" https://em2.storage.oraclecloud.com/v1/Storage-##########
* About to connect() to em2.storage.oraclecloud.com port 443 (#0)
* Trying 188.8.131.52... connected
* Connected to em2.storage.oraclecloud.com (184.108.40.206) port 443 (#0)
* Initializing NSS with certpath: sql:/etc/pki/nssdb
* CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
* SSL connection using TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: CN=*.storage.oraclecloud.com,OU=Cloud Network Operations,O=Oracle Corporation,L=Redwood Shores,ST=California,C=US
* start date: Aug 30 00:00:00 2016 GMT
* expire date: Oct 29 23:59:59 2017 GMT
* common name: *.storage.oraclecloud.com
* issuer: CN=Symantec Class 3 Secure Server CA - G4,OU=Symantec Trust Network,O=Symantec Corporation,C=US
> POST /v1/Storage-skewesjo HTTP/1.1
> User-Agent: curl/7.19.7 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/3.21 Basic ECC zlib/1.2.3 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.4.2
> Host: em2.storage.oraclecloud.com
> Accept: */*
> X-Auth-Token: AUTH_tka8030ec4cf953de1e45e571c8c0f1d55
> X-Account-Meta-Georeplication-Policy: em2
< HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
< X-Trans-Id: tx82545744af0747529c197-00586dfe79ga
< Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
< Content-Length: 217
< Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 08:06:16 GMT
< Server: Oracle-Storage-Cloud-Service
* Connection #0 to host em2.storage.oraclecloud.com left intact
* Closing connection #0
<html><body>The operation was not performed because the replication policy has not been set. Sign in to My Services as the service administrator and select a replication policy for your service instance.</body></html>[opc@skewesjolnx1 ~]$
So I am in a catch 22.
Is this a problem with the trial domain? I have tried two colleagues trial domains with the same results. I have used replication in storage trial domains in the past with no issues like this.