4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2017 9:00 AM by Olivia Ding-Oracle

How to edit the Interactive report template

Olivia Ding-Oracle

I would like to add something(static text) between the toolbar and the report view. How should I do?

I try to edit the region template: "Interactive Report", but it is not the one.

Thanks.

Olivia

• 1. Re: How to edit the Interactive report template
          fac586

Olivia Ding-Oracle wrote:

I would like to add something(static text) between the toolbar and the report view. How should I do?

I try to edit the region template: "Interactive Report", but it is not the one.

There is no template for interactive reports. The "Interactive Report" template referred to is a region template suitable for use as a container for interactive reports (but not solely for this). Modifying this is not of use in meeting the stated requirement.

What text content do you want to add and why do you want it to appear at the indicated location?

Why not use an existing position like the region header?

• 2. Re: How to edit the Interactive report template
            Olivia Ding-Oracle

Hi fac586,

Thanks for your response AGAIN.

My report has a column with a flag icon. I want to add a legend to explain what the flag means for the user.  I tried to put it above, but looks not good. Is there any trick to do that ?

• 3. Re: How to edit the Interactive report template
              fac586

Olivia Ding-Oracle wrote:

My report has a column with a flag icon. I want to add a legend to explain what the flag means for the user. I tried to put it above, but looks not good. Is there any trick to do that ?

Locating custom content there is problematical because that position is actually part of the interactive report, and will be replaced whenever any report settings are modified. The legend mark-up would therefore have to be injected into the IR control panel using an After Refresh dynamic action. This would cause the report and the subsequent regions/components to move down to accommodate the new content, which would be disconcerting for users.

I'd recommend a completely different approach: embed the explanation with the flag in the report in an accessible manner, as described here. The legend could be included in the region footer for the benefit of anyone getting a paper printout, but as it would not be required to provide interactive users with an understanding of the meaning of the flags, its position is less significant.