7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 11:30 AM by Amr Abdeen

How to force logout all application users ?

Amr Abdeen

DataBase: 11.2 g

APEX: 5.1

--

Hi,

Now i want force logout all application users from all sessions, How can i do that ?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
          fac586

Amr Abdeen wrote:

DataBase: 11.2 g

APEX: 5.1

Now i want force logout all application users from all sessions, How can i do that ?

Why would you do that?

Under what circumstances would this occur?

Some previous ideas in this vein:

• 2. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
            Amr Abdeen

Thank you fac586

Why would you do that?

• Because i have Application items his computation point "After Authentication", In some cases i want to reset it with new values, I can do that when force logout all users from all sessions.

How to force special user to logout from his session, Can i do that, How ?

• 3. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
              fac586

Amr Abdeen wrote:

Thank you fac586

Why would you do that?

• Because i have Application items his computation point "After Authentication", In some cases i want to reset it with new values, I can do that when force logout all users from all sessions.

In which cases? Sounds like something that could be done far less invasively by conditionally running application computations or processes at other processing points.

Sorry, I don't know what a "special user" is. Please explain in more detail.

• 4. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
                Mike Kutz

Amr Abdeen wrote:

Thank you fac586

Why would you do that?

This sounds like you want to "patch" the application.

As such, you'll need to:

• wait for next "Maintenance Window"
                • lock the application
                • apply the patch
                • verify that it works
                • unlock the application.

MK

• 5. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
                  Amr Abdeen

First, Thank you for helping, I'm sorry about some mistakes in english language [I'm not fluent in English language]

--

"Sorry, I don't know what a "special user" is. Please explain in more detail."

Now i have custom authentication for application users, When user called "BILL" logged into application and he working now on application,  Can i end his session or force him to logout ? How ?

Thank you

• 6. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
                    fac586

Amr Abdeen wrote:

First, Thank you for helping, I'm sorry about some mistakes in english language [I'm not fluent in English language]

--

"Sorry, I don't know what a "special user" is. Please explain in more detail."

Now i have custom authentication for application users, When user called "BILL" logged into application and he working now on application, Can i end his session or force him to logout ? How ?

Why?

If the problem you are trying to solve is the need to reset/refresh the values of some items in session state, why go to the drastic length of forcing users to log out, disrupting their sessions and potentially causing them to lose their work? How are they going to feel about that? Why can't these changes be triggered in the course of normal application processing?

If you are having difficulty in describing the problem in English, then demonstrating it with an example on apex.oracle.com might be more productive.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: How to force logout all application users ?
                      Amr Abdeen

You are right, I will be handling this issue with another technique.

Thank you fac586 for helping & patience

Regards,

Amr