3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 12:15 AM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

ORDS issues

RN

Hello experts,

I am using Oracle 11g. ORDS is installed locally using SQL Developer 4.1. ORDS is also installed at the server. Issues I am facing are:

1. I have two rest enabled schemas. For one schema , I can access metadata as:

<host>/ords/<schema_name>/metadata-catalog/

It also works if I remove slash in the end (see below) because it will redirect to above url which uses / in the end. Where is this redirect set up?

<host>/ords/<schema_name>/metadata-catalog

For second schema, I am not able to see metadata at all. Neither using server path nor using localhost. If I skip / from the end, I get 404 and if I use /, I get 401(unauthorized) error. When I REST enabled this schema, I didn’t set any authorization. Then why is it asking me to authorize? How can I fix this issue?

2. The schema, for which I can access metadata, has 20 tables but I can see metadata of ONLY 13 of them. Why is it missing metadata of other 7 objects? I do not see any difference in the nature of these 7 objects. I am using the default pagination. The metadata results give me:

"hasMore": false,

"limit": 25,

"offset": 0,

"count": 13,

"links": [

Ideally, metadata of all 20 objects should fit into the first page. What should I do?

Thanks a lot for the help!!

RN

• 1. Re: ORDS issues
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Lots of questions here.

>>The schema, for which I can access metadata, has 20 tables but I can see metadata of ONLY 13 of them.

Did you rest enable all 20 tables? REST enabling a SCHEMA doesn't auto REST any tables or views in that schema.

>>When I REST enabled this schema, I didn’t set any authorization. Then why is it asking me to authorize? How can I fix this issue?

On your connection to this schema in SQL Developer, right-click and, 'REST Enable.'

On the resulting dialog, is Secure checked/enabled? If so, un-check it, and click OK.

You wouldn't want to do this of course in your production system - you'll always want to secure your Auto-REST enabled resources.

• 2. Re: ORDS issues

Thanks for your reply, Jeff.

Yes, I have rest-enabled all objects but still schema metadata shows only 13 out of 22.

Did you mean p_auto_rest_auth  parameter? It has always been FALSE.

ORDS.ENABLE_SCHEMA(p_enabled => TRUE,

p_schema => 'test',

p_url_mapping_type => 'BASE_PATH',

p_url_mapping_pattern => 'test',

p_auto_rest_auth => FALSE);

Thanks,

• 3. Re: ORDS issues
              thatJeffSmith-Oracle

What can you tell me about the 7 missing tables? Any interesting data types on their columns? Do they all have primary keys?

Do their AUTO REST endpoints work? Can you do a GET on one of them and pull back data?