5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 8:30 AM by JohnGoodwin

FDMEE OIA

Moatasem Shebl

Hello all,

I want to upload data to my target planning  application at EPM on primes that data is a view at EBS 12 database i have ODI studio installed at my server , i was reading about using UDA but my FDMEE version does not support using UDA , i want your help how to import that data from that view to my target application using OIA method

Thank You

Note : My FDMEE version 11.1.2.4 and i found that perfect post (fishing with FDMEE: Universal Data Adapter (UDA), direct DB integration - Part 1 ) but i can not use UDA please help at that topic

• 1. Re: FDMEE OIA
          ThinkFDM

You mentioned you're on FDMEE 11.1.2.4 but you do not have the ability to use the universal data adapter (UDA).  I'm guessing you're on 11.1.2.4.000.  In that case, why not just install the latest patch set update, 210, in which case you will have UDA?

If you still choose to go with the open interface adapter (OIA), then check out Working with Open Interface Adapters in the FDMEE Admin Guide.  It has all the info you need get going using OIA.  You can use any method you want to load the open interface table (AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE) in the FDMEE database - ODI, Jython script, custom SQL loaders - it's up to you.  I typically use Jython that gets fired on the BefImport event script.

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FDMEE OIA
            Moatasem Shebl

Thank you sir for your support , i found that post to show loading data from a table to FDMEE , (Exploits in Hyperion: Managing data load in FDMEE using Open Interface table )

that method in the post is depend on regenerate ODI scenario based on import format mapping that i selected , the question is how the FDMEE will know my view at the ERP database , i did not create a database connection or physical or logical schema at ODI , is that logical sir the FDMEE will know my view / table at the ERP database when i just mapping the column at import format and click generate ODI scenario

Thank You

• 3. Re: FDMEE OIA
              USER1211

Why not just apply the patch to get on 111.1.2.4.2XX?

There are quite a few bugs on the base version and you have to ask yourself if you are likely going to have to address those bugs at some point why not just apply the patch now and follow Francisco A blog on the UDA.

• 4. Re: FDMEE OIA
                Moatasem Shebl

Hello Sir , I tried to install FDMEE 11.1.2.4.100 to use UDA as it shown at that link (https://blogs.oracle.com/proactivesupportEPM/entry/patch_set_update_fdmee_psu) as a new future at that version and above but i faced that issue

Thank You

• 5. Re: FDMEE OIA
                  JohnGoodwin

If you are going to patch then patch to the latest .210, there is no point just going to .100 if you are taking the time to patch

Also when patching in your example your oracle home -oh should be pointing to C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1

Cheers

John