1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 11:01 AM by 3373013 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
        AndrewSayer

You have more than one Oracle home installed? But earlier, it seemed to be working fine, so what did you do that changed this? Did you change your path variable? Did you install another Oracle home?

• 31. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]

Yes I installed the Oracle DB again as it was not working properly.

I want to use C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1 and get rid of C:\app\client\khushi\product\12.1.0.

Please let me know how can I have only one Oracle Home and remove other.

• 32. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
            AndrewSayer

3373013 wrote:

Yes I installed the Oracle DB again as it was not working properly.

I want to use C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1 and get rid of C:\app\client\khushi\product\12.1.0.

Please let me know how can I have only one Oracle Home and remove other.

Why didn't you say so?! Do you understand how frustrating this has become?!

You say the DB wasn't working properly, but it was your understanding of the DB that was clearly at fault.

Uninstalling Oracle home is annoying at the best of times on windows. Google is your friend.

But luckily, as your DB is probably fine, all you need to do is get your tnsnames.ora to have a link to this DB. And since you've decided that you only care about one of these tnsnames.ora files (but don't seem to understand why the other was getting seen), let's go to the tnsnames.ora that is being used (the one I nicely pointed you towards earlier) and make it point to your other one (that you are insisting is being used but isn't): just replace all the file with

IFILE=C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

Do the same for your sqlnet.ora file

IFILE=C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

Now, when you use that Oracle home (by accident or on purpose) you will still be using the only tnsnames file that you seem to think exists.

Once you've done that:

tnsping pdborcl

From your command line.

• 33. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]

Apologies for that. I thought I have uninstalled the earlier DB but as you said uninstalling is annoying.

As you said, I need to copy the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files from C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin to C:\app\client\khushi\product\12.1.0\client_1\network\admin.

• 34. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
                AndrewSayer

3373013 wrote:

Apologies for that. I thought I have uninstalled the earlier DB but as you said uninstalling is annoying.

As you said, I need to copy the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files from C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin to C:\app\client\khushi\product\12.1.0\client_1\network\admin.

Read what I suggested again:

let's go to the tnsnames.ora that is being used (the one I nicely pointed you towards earlier) and make it point to your other one (that you are insisting is being used but isn't): just replace all the file with

IFILE=C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora

Do the same for your sqlnet.ora file

IFILE=C:\app\sunita\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\sqlnet.ora

From the docs https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/REFRN/GUID-F8AC6FC6-F456-481F-8997-3B0E906BB745.htm#REFRN10070

Use IFILE to embed another parameter file within the current parameter file.

Meaning that whenever you make changes to your file in the sunita Oracle home, you won't need to make a change to your other one, doesn't that sound easy?

• 36. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]
                  AndrewSayer

Perfect, now lets get back to your password problem.

If hr should have the password of HR then you should be able to connect using:

sqlplus hr/HR@pdborcl

or conn hr/HR@pdborcl (if sqlplus is already open )

We've already established that isn't the case. I suggest you try connecting using sql developer using your saved credentials, do they work? If not you should feel free to change the password:

sqlplus /@pdblorcl as sysdba

alter user hr identified by HR;

Or whatever you want the password to be (remembering it is case sensitive).

And then you can go back to your sqlldr command with your new password.

• 37. Re: SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0]

Thanks Andrew.

It worked as HR/hr and even the sqlldr.

1 2 3 Previous Next