2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 3:23 PM by 950406

Obiee 12C Answers Access locking up

I upgraded our environment to obiee 12c last month and since then we have been running into this issue almost once a week where all the users that have access to Answers, loose their access. They don't have the 'Analysis and Interactive Reporting' option under the New drop down to create a new analysis anymore. Also they can not edit any saved report. the 'Edit' option  under the report name in  catalog completely disappears. I have checked and they do have access to the catalog and all the folders they have permissions to as well. but since the Answers access is revoked they can't Edit anything.

Restarted all the BI services through Enterprise manager fixes the issue. The privileges are setup to the Application role and the entire community under that application role looses the access. this does not happen with Presentation server Administrator role or out of box BI  administration role.

I  have look into all the logs and haven;t found any error or warning that could relate to this.

Has anyone run into  similar issues? Any pointers on where and what to look for when this happens?

Thanks in Advance!