I'm not trying to do anything special here - just running the sample app with a totally bog-standard setup.
Well ... do you mean the official OBIEE SampleApp (OBIEE Samples ) ?
So you imported the VirtualBox image to AWS ? Just that is not really "anything special", so difficult to say if something didn't broke.
No, I don't think I'm doing anything special.
I've set up a VM on AWS using the OL 7.3 AMI.
- Set up an Oracle EE 12c instance on RDS
- Installed the oracle-rdbms-server-12cR1-preinstall.rpm package
- Opened up the firewall for OBIEE (9500 & 9502)
- Installed the latest JDK
- Installed Fusion Middleware from fmw_184.108.40.206.0_infrastructure.jar
- Installed schemas for OBIEE with rcu, using -honorOmf (to handle dbsys limitations on AWS, as recommended in the AWS docs)
- Installed OBIEE from bi_platform-220.127.116.11.0_linux64.bin (choosing to install the sample OBIEE demo app, as I don't have any of my own to work with at this point)
- Configured up using ./config.sh...
...which is where things fail, as the OBIEE servers refuse to start as noted above. Same problem running startup manually from the scripts.
IMO, this is about as vanilla as an installation can get. I'm running on clean servers, using the latest downloads from Oracle, going for the standard set up everywhere possible. It shouldn't be complicated.
So that's not a "the OBIEE sample app", it's just OBIEE, nothing to do with the sample app at all. (The default content you can decide to deploy during the configuration is sample app lite, a bunch of reports based on XML sources).
I'm having this same issue. Were you ever able to resolve it?