To recreate, open an sql worksheet and write an anonymous procedure. Right click in tyhe worksheet and select Debug.
That's not the way efficient troubleshooting is done.
1. you have the problem
2. you have the code that demonstrates the problem
3. you need to post a sample the others can use to reproduce what you see
To recreate the problem,
- Open an SQL worksheet in SQL Developer
- Enter the following anonymous procedure
- Right click on SQL worksheet and select debug
At this point, SQL Developer appears to be hung, but after waiting for a minute or so, the ANONYMOUS_BLOCK window finally opened and debugging commenced.
No such delays occur when debugging a stored procedure direct , or in 4.1 versions of SQL Developer
SQL Developer 4.2EA2 with included JDK running on a 64 Bit Windows Enterprise connecting to Oracle 22.214.171.124
I can reproduce the issue.
I'm looking into the cause now and we hope to track it down for production.
SQL Developer Team