1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 8:06 AM by Peter de Vaal

How to do release and promotion management on rest modules developed with SQLDev?

Peter de Vaal

Until now we have been developping RESTful modules using APEX.

We are switching to develop the modules in SQLDeveloper. The ea realease of SQLDev 4.2 makes development easy.

The main problem I have is that APEX has a simple facility to export the restful services modules, and import them in another environment (e.g. to promote from dev to test).

Also the export files can be easily placed into version control. SQLDev does not seem to have this facility.

I can make database scripts to do the job, but that is a bit a work around. Is there any better method to do this?

• 1. Re: How to do release and promotion management on rest modules developed with SQLDev?
          Peter de Vaal

No ideas so far?

I guess I have to post the enhencement request on the JDev forum..

I have worked out a method myself.

I create a script that will contain the configuration items (such as the roles, privileges and oauth clients).

I capture the statements to create the items by defining them using the SQLDev REST Data Services dialogs and copy the resulting statements from the Statements log.

Then I create a script for every REST Module, again using the dialogs in SQLDev and capturing he statements from the log.

Once you have done this for one module with one template and a few handlers it is not difficult anymore to add more templates and handlers by writing the statements yourself.

This works if you have a relatively small number of templates and handlers, but might become tedious when having lots of them, so I hope some script generation and version control capabilities will be added to SQLDev.

Peter