2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 1:22 PM by jamphan

Dynamic Series for Line Chart

jamphan

I am trying to find a solution to create a line chart that the number of series will change based on selections.  For example my data consists of metrics over time and the balances of each metric.  There could be 2 metrics or 40 metrics based on what the user selects.  How can I get my line chart to adjust accordingly and the legend recognize what the metrics are?  Thanks for any guidance.

• 1. Re: Dynamic Series for Line Chart
          swesley_perth

APEX version is important here, since 5.1 charts do this out of the box.

Providing table structure and desired layout would also go a long way in describing your problem, and forming a solution.

• 2. Re: Dynamic Series for Line Chart
            jamphan

It's APEX version 5.0.  It's a pretty straight forward structure.  It's has a report date which is just the monthend date, a metric (Channel for example) then a metric name which is the subset of the metric. In this case I would have 3 Channels with a balance associated with each for each monthend.  I would like the months to be the label (x axis) and the series would be the metric name charting balances over the months. The basic query would look something like this....

SELECT

NULL LINK,

RPT_DT LABEL,

METRIC_NAME,

BALANCES

FROM PORT_DIST_MV

where  metric = :P1_METRIC

Hope that helps.