1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 12:41 PM by Shaik

Upgrading OEBS 12.2.0 to 12.2.6 or just appalling patches

Hi, community!

I'm junior oracle DBA, so sorry for strange question.

Now I have clear EBS 12.2.0 (VIS) on oracle linux 7 after rapid installation, and I need to upgrade it to 12.2.6.

As instruction I'm using Doc ID 2114016.1, I have run last checkDBpatch.sh and got list of missing patches and this alert :

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ 

A consolidated zip file with the required patches for Database release          

12.1.0.2.0 is available on My Oracle Support via:                               

Patch 25201332 [12.1.0.2.0 version]                                           

- EBS RELEASE 12.2 CONSOLIDATED DATABASE FIXES FOR JAN 2017                 

Note: This zip does not include any database bundle patches or PSUs.            

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

OK, I downloaded 25201332, but what is right way to install it? Should I just run opatch apply or something else ?

Help me please to understand idea of patching)

Best, regard!

UPD:

Is it necessarily to stop DB and Listener?