3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 4:54 AM by 3404982

How to define logical table key that joins with the fact table

Hi,

I'm not sure if my question could solve my problem. I'm practicing OBIEE using Oracle HR data. I have a error as below. I realized that it automatically sets the key for the join between Table Department and the fact Table Employee. and I can't modify the keys as I do In the physical diagram.

ERRORS:

Business Model Sample HR:

[nQSError: 15011] The dimension table source D1 Departments.LTS2 Locations has an aggregate content specification that specifies the level Departments Detail. But the source mapping contains column Location Id with a functional dependency association on a more detailed level [D1 Departments.Location Id].

[nQSError: 15001] Could not load navigation space for subject area Sample HR.

After I saw below error, I found that it automatically uses location_id as the primary key in BMM but I think it should be department_id.  That's why I it's maybe I need to change the logical table key to department_id but I don't know how to chang it. I appreciate your help! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is the my BMM:

Thanks,

Yuan

• 1. Re: How to define logical table key that joins with the fact table
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

You are mixing things a bit.

OBIEE doesn't use logical indexes for joins, it will go back to the joins you defined in the physical layer for the joins between objects.

That's also why when you define a join in the business layer it doesn't ask you about columns or conditions but you can only define the kind of join (inner, outer etc.).

You can change the logical key of a logical table in the business layer at any moment by checking the properties of the logical table and go to the "Keys" tab. You can remove the "automatically" defined one (OBIEE never define anything automatically you didn't told it to do, "auto" logical keys happen when doing drag and drop of physical keys in general, if you add columns by hand no auto key will be done at all) and define your own key.

Double checks the levels you sets for your various LTS and the hierarchy you setup.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to define logical table key that joins with the fact table
            Gianni Ceresa

By the way: your 4 LTS are a snowflake in the physical layer?

If that's the case consider a single LTS with your various physical tables mapped inside.

Capture.PNG

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to define logical table key that joins with the fact table

Thank you for your patience and advice. Gianni

Yes my 4LTS are snowflake in physical diagram. I didn't know that I could put them in one LTS even though they don't have a parent child table. You are very helpful!

Thanks again!