3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2017 9:46 AM by 2781821

How to get OSUSER and WORKSTATION name from Oracle Applications R12.1.3

Hi --

We enabled audit trail on a specific table in Oracle Applications R12.1.3 and apart from capturing FND_USER details for the DML operations performed on the table, we need to store the OSUSER and WORKSTATION details.

Is there any way/workaround to get these details.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to get OSUSER and WORKSTATION name from Oracle Applications R12.1.3
          Aldrich

Those details can be found in the OSUSER, MACHINE, TERMINAL, and CLIENT_IDENTIFIER columns in v$session.  Is that what you are looking for?  Or are you looking for more?

• 2. Re: How to get OSUSER and WORKSTATION name from Oracle Applications R12.1.3
            mdtaylor

Aldrich wrote:

Those details can be found in the OSUSER, MACHINE, TERMINAL, and CLIENT_IDENTIFIER columns in v$session. Is that what you are looking for? Or are you looking for more?

That would be correct for a normal sqlplus session.  For E-Business Suite, the details stored in v$session are only the database server node and apps as the OSUSER.  the best you can do is setup Sign-on Audit Level to FORMS, start OAM Generic Collection Service concurrent manager and capture FND_USER name and IP Address as discussed below:

The Login PC IP Address  should be stored in Oracle Application

• 3. Re: How to get OSUSER and WORKSTATION name from Oracle Applications R12.1.3

Hi All--

Thanks for your replies.

Here I have a requirement to capture the Windows Username(OS Username) and Computer Name (WorkStation Name), and I am afraid that this information is not retrieved with the above approach where it tracks only IP address and it is not feasible to get details as required.

Here are my findings :

Option1: Use the javascript function to invoke ActiveX object('WScript.Shell') and capture the Os user name and computer name by invoking a DB function.

Observations: In order to achieve we need to repair some browser settings which cannot be done in our environment because it has the domino effect on other applications.

Option2: Use NTSystem Class in my OAF code and capture the values in a DB table during Oracle EBS Login(by customizing homepage)

Observations: This approach is working in my local Jdev but I am not sure it will work once deployed in the application.

Hence I am looking out for any oracle standard feature available to acheive this.

Thanks,Sandeep.