4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 9:53 AM by Beauty_and_dBest

Editing  EBS R12.1.3 Context File

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi all,

EBS R12.1.3

OL5

11gR1

On the side discussion: (related to my issue)

I attended apps dba training today and the instructor said, we are not allowed to edit the context file?

There seems to me a conflicting instruction. or did I just misunderstood the instructor?

Is there other way to change the value in context file without editing it?

I understand autoconfig created this APPS CONTEXT file.

During peak period, we  encounter NPE error (null pointer) with login to our apps. Succeeding/additional users can not login anymore, but all others connected are still good.

Action plan is to increase the Java oracore memory.

To  increase java memory, I need to edit the apps context file below :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--   $Header: adxmlctx.tmp 120.271.12010000.36 2010/05/14 13:59:15 jmajumde ship $   -->

<!-- 

###############################################################

This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig.  It will be read and

overwritten.  If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not

able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note

387859.1 for assistance.

###############################################################

<oacore_server>

<oacore_jvm_start_options oa_var="s_oacore_jvm_start_options" customized="yes">-server -verbose:gc -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:NewRatio=2  -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseTLAB -XX:+UseParallelGC  -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djava.security.policy=$ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/oacore/config/java2.policy -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dhttp.webdir.enable=false -Doracle.security.jazn.config=/fin_app/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_ebiz03/ora/10.1.3/j2ee/oacore/config/jazn.xml</oacore_jvm_start_options>

So just to confirm, It is okay to edit this file and run autoconfig right?

Kind regards,

jc