3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 7:05 PM by Turlock22

Tabular Forms / MRU performance in IE

Turlock22

Apologies if this has been covered before but I seem to be having problems finding results from searches.

So I've created an application in APEX 5 with a few Tabular Forms scattered throughout it, the problem I have is that when log into the application with IE and go to a screen where there's a Tabular Form with a few rows (e.g. 10 rows) the performance of the page just drops off a clip.

I've noticed that when I scroll on the page the CPU spikes through the roof and I presume that's leading to the slow performance.

In Chrome and Firefox I have none of those issues, performance is excellent.

Any idea how to fix it or what's going on? The issue I have is that given we're an enterprise we have a standard browser....which is IE unfortunately

Any help much appreciated!!!

• 1. Re: Tabular Forms / MRU performance in IE
          Marc Sewtz-Oracle

Hi - I have not heard of performance issues with tabular forms using IE before. Is this just a plain, standard, wizard-generated tabular form? Perhaps you could re-create a tabular form page that has these issues in a workspace on apex.oracle.com and point me to that example, so I can take a close look at what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Marc

• 2. Re: Tabular Forms / MRU performance in IE
            Turlock22

Hi Marc

Thanks for coming back, I tried to recreate the issue on apex.oracle.com but the issue won't replicate in 5.1, my current version is 5.0.4, is there a version of that available for testing?

Yeah the issue is with a completely bog standard MRU table, so I get a hundred row table with about 10 columns (although really doesn't need that many rows at all), include all columns for updating and as I scroll through the page the browser slows down to bits.

It only happens when I scroll over the MRU table, so further down the table there's charts etc, once the MRU's are off the screen everything speeds right up

Hard to show it without a demo, I'll look into upgrading to 5.1 but that probably won't be for a while

• 3. Re: Tabular Forms / MRU performance in IE
              Turlock22

Oh and just to confirm I've installed Fiddler to monitor web traffic and when it's going slow there's no traffic going up and down, so it literally just seems to be a rendering issue with the screen in IE, very odd :/