1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 9:06 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

My OCA Came In 2004

dfcii

Good afternoon,

The company I was working for at the time was in the process of moving from the legacy systems on a main frame to Oracle Applications. Me being the system manager on the main frame system could see the handwriting on the wall. So, I took the Oracle Introduction to SQL class followed by Oracle Forms & Reports 10g. I wanted to be one of the legacy developers that was able to make the jump to the Oracle environment. I took the first two Oracle tests and gained my OCA March of 2004. At that point, I was the only individual in the company that had any Oracle certification. That won me the opportunity to work on the internal company's help desk for Oracle Apps where I went on to close more tickets than the other 5 people in the group combined.

Since that time, I have become a strong developer in Oracle Forms and Reports, although we still use 10g. I was not able to practice or gain work experience as I was not moved to the Oracle team until after I gained my OCA. Taking those two tests with no where to practice to gain experience made them two of the most difficult tests I have ever taken. But that fact made gaining my OCA that much more rewarding. I have been promising myself that I would take the next test and get my OCP and one day I will. But for now, I have to say that having my OCA has been of great benefit to me in seeking employment.

To those that have it, congrats. To those looking to get it, study on. It is well worth the effort.

Thanks,

Don.

• 1. Re: My OCA Came In 2004
          Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Hi Don,

We'd like to promote your story on our Certification blog. If you'd like to include a picture, please private message me at www.facebook.com/oraclecertification and I'll provide an email address to which you can send the picture.

Thanks for the great story!

Brandye Barrington

Oracle Certification Program