6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 5:34 PM by 1340903

Variable Prompt not getting set via URL parameters

I am trying to set a Variable prompt (presentation variable) for a dashboard by sending parameters in the querystring of the URL. I can get this working fine for normal column prompts, but I can't get the variable prompt to be set to the new value. It just remains the default value that I set it to in the prompt itself. I've tried a few different ways. Here is an example of the URL I am trying to use:

xxxxx.com/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FPMRA%2FPublished%20Reports%2FDashboards%2FVES%20Delivery%20Dashboard&Page=Comparison%20Scorecard&Action=Navigate&var1=%22varDimName%22&val1="Vendor"

It doesn't appear the "Create Prompted Link" option works when using a Variable Prompt in your dashboard prompt.  I've tried to use this on a number of dashboards that have variable.

I use variable prompts to dynamically change the dimension that the data is being grouped by.  I need to allow another application to feed in input to this from the URL they're sending into the dashboard.