2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 6:30 AM by 3292348

Blank drill through page when drilling from Smartview

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the drill-through function (Essbase (ASO) > FDMEE) but I'm getting a blank page when I drill through from Smartview.

I selected just the Account as a drill region and have seen the logs successfully creating the drill regions when I exported one line of data. I am aware that there is a bug in EAS wherein you cannot see the drill-through definitions so I'm checking via MaxL editor on the console (even though I can't see the URL name, I know that it was the one created by checking the URL region)

I then went to Smartview and did an ad-hoc analysis for that line of data (level 0). Saw the intersection and clicked drill-through but it just displayed a blank drill-through tab in the workspace.

My mappings do not have wildcards on the target side and I made sure that the targets were written the same way as they were on the Essbase outline (in case they are case sensitive).

FDMEE version: 11.1.2.4.210

Smartview version: 11.1.2.5.600 (Build 185)

What can be causing the blank page issue?

Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: Blank drill through page when drilling from Smartview

Were you able to determine the fix for this as I am experiencing the same issue.  However, my issue might be related to mappings having asterisk as part of the source and destination maps. 

• 2. Re: Blank drill through page when drilling from Smartview

Ok, we have it working now. Some things you should consider to make this work:

1. Your FDMEE target values in the Data Load Mapping should match exactly the member names (not the Aliases) in Essbase. Check your Category and Period mappings as well. (ex. If it's FY17 in the outline, you should have FY17 on your target year, even though 2017 is accepted as an alias.)
            2. The FDMEE target values in the Data Load Mapping should also match the case of the member names i.e. if it's ACCOUNT1 on the Essbase outline, it should be ACCOUNT1 on your target
            3. Values with * to * mappings will work granted that the source value satisfies the above conditions, since for this type of mapping the target is just getting the source values.