6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 2:45 PM by 3363076

OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0

hi expert ,

my obis1 server component is down is OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0and the logs file in EM show the follow error "

[2017-03-13T23:06:53.860-04:00] [AdminServer] [ERROR] [EM-02658] [oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant] [tid: Thread-95] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: c0cd038d-b108-49b6-b683-d614f2fba5bf-0000008e,0:4] [APP: em] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] The start operation can not be performed on the Dummy BI Servers component.[[
      oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.ModelException: Failed to start the component
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1111)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processClusterComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1155)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1071)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.restartComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:980)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.view.bi.AvailabilityView.restartComponent(AvailabilityView.java:1075)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
              at oracle.sysman.emInternalSDK.sdkas.general.pojo.progress.WorkWrapper.run(WorkWrapper.java:113)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

]]
      [2017-03-13T23:06:53.865-04:00] [AdminServer] [ERROR] [EM-02667] [oracle.sysman.emai.view.bi.AvailabilityView] [tid: Thread-95] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: c0cd038d-b108-49b6-b683-d614f2fba5bf-0000008e,0:4] [APP: em] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] Can not restart selected component.[[
      oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.ModelException: Failed to start the component
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1111)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processClusterComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1155)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.processComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:1071)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.mbean.AvailabilityAssistant.restartComponent(AvailabilityAssistant.java:980)
              at oracle.sysman.emai.view.bi.AvailabilityView.restartComponent(AvailabilityView.java:1075)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
              at oracle.sysman.emInternalSDK.sdkas.general.pojo.progress.WorkWrapper.run(WorkWrapper.java:113)

]]
      [2017-03-13T23:06:53.870-04:00] [AdminServer] [ERROR] [] [oracle.sysman.emInternalSDK.sdkas.general.pojo.progress.WorkWrapper] [tid: Thread-95] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: c0cd038d-b108-49b6-b683-d614f2fba5bf-0000008e,0:4] [APP: em] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] WorkWrapper caught exception: [[
      oracle.sysman.emSDK.app.exception.EMSystemException
              at oracle.sysman.emai.view.bi.AvailabilityView.restartComponent(AvailabilityView.java:1080)
      Caused by: oracle.sysman.emai.model.bi.ModelException: Failed to start the component
              ... 6 more

"

is there anyway to find out what possibly is causing that

Thanks

• 1. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0
          Madasamy-Oracle

Hello

Can you post the log contents from the obis*.out and obis*.log files? and also check the domain logs, let us know if you find anything pertinent to the issue during the startup

And was there any deployment or changes in the config that caused the issue?

-M

• 2. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0

I actually added Teradata odbc details in odbc.ini file

as soon as I remove the Teradata details then the obis1 is up and running

can you please tell me how to configure that

Thanks

• 3. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0
              Madasamy-Oracle

That is just fine.

You can use tdata.so odbc lib to configure teradata

https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1221/biee/BIEMG/deploy_rpd.htm#BIEMG1181

-M

• 4. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0

I do the same but then it shows the error

The start operation can not be performed on the Dummy BI Servers component.

my Teradata details are

ODBC Data Sources]
                WHLST=tdata.so

[WHLST]
                Driver=/opt/teradata/client/ODBC_64/lib/tdata.so
                Description=Teradata database
                DBCName=whlst.xxxxx.com
                LastUser=
                Username=xxxxxx
                Password=cdf3tld#17
                Database=xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                DefaultDatabase=D1_WDM_D_CDFPA_NPRIV_S

these are the details In the server so as soon as I put hose in odbc.ini in OBIEE the obis1 goes down

• 5. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0
                  Madasamy-Oracle

I can see that the tdata is configured under [ODBC DS].

You need to create a separate DSN as mentioned on the doc at the bottom of the file or anywhere) and proceed.

[Tera_Northwind]

Driver=/opt/teradata/client/14.10/odbc_64/lib/tdata.so

Description=NCR 3600 running Teradata V2R6.2

DBCName=10.345.67.899

astUser=

Username=northwind

Password=northwind

Database=northwind

DefaultDatabase=northwind

NoScan=no

-M    

• 6. Re: OBIS1 is down in OBIEE 12.2.1.2.0

this is the details of my odbc.ini in the path $DOMAIN_HOME//config/fmwconfig/bienv/core

can you please if anything is wrong because whenever I put this details of Teradata the problem happen and obis 1 goes down

Do you recommend any changes and also my Teradata version is 16 also I whenever I put the same details in obiee 12.2.1.0.0 it works but since we are using the new version of obiee 12.2.1.2.0 so this problem is happening

also is the my Teradata

is this my Teradata driver path is correct or do I need to make it as

/opt/teradata/client/16.00/odbc_64/lib/tdata.so

[ODBC]
                    Trace=0
                    TraceFile=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/user_projects/domains/bi_dev/odbctrace.out
                    TraceDll=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/bi/modules/oracle.bi.datadirect.odbc/8.0.1/lib/ARtrc28.so
                    InstallDir=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/bi/modules/oracle.bi.datadirect.odbc/8.0.1
                    UseCursorLib=0
                    IANAAppCodePage=4

[ODBC Data Sources]
                    WHLST=tdata.so
                    AnalyticsWeb=Oracle BI Server
                    opss_datasource=Oracle 7.1 Oracle Wire Protocol
                    biplatform_datasource=Oracle 7.1 Oracle Wire Protocol

WHLST=tdata.so
                    [WHLST]
                    Driver=/opt/teradata/client/ODBC_64/lib/tdata.so
                    Description=Teradata database
                    DBCName=wxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
                    LastUser=
                    Username=xxxxxxxxx
                    Password=cdf3tld#17
                    Database=D1_WDM_D_CDFPA_NPRIV_S0
                    NoScan=Yes
                    SessionMode=TERA
                    RunInQuiteMode=Yes
                    StCheckLevel=0
                    MaxRespSize=1048576
                    CharacterSet=UTF8
                    DefaultDatabase=D1_WDM_D_CDFPA_NPRIV_S0

[AnalyticsWeb]
                    Description=Oracle BI Server
                    UID=
                    PWD=
                    Catalog=
                    SelectPhysical=
                    Repository=
                    ForwardOnlyCursor=
                    CentrallyManaged=Yes
                    SSL=No
                    Driver=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/bi/bifoundation/server/bin/libnqsodbc64.so
                    IsClusteredDSN=Yes
                    Regional=No

[opss_datasource]
                    HostName=xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
                    PortNumber=1521
                    Driver=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/bi/modules/oracle.bi.datadirect.odbc/7.1.5/lib/ARora27.so
                    EnableNcharSupport=1
                    ServiceName=xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
                    Description=Oracle 7.1 Oracle Wire Protocol

[biplatform_datasource]
                    HostName=xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
                    PortNumber=1521
                    Driver=/u00/app/oracle/product/fmw12c/OBIEE_Dev/bi/modules/oracle.bi.datadirect.odbc/7.1.5/lib/ARora27.so
                    EnableNcharSupport=1
                    ServiceName=xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com
                    Description=Oracle 7.1 Oracle Wire Protocol