9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 8:05 AM by 1003344

Create a new master repository

Hello all,

can i create a new master repository within the ODI delivered with the FDMEE and then create a work repository in the new master repository to use it for creating a custom integrations??

Quick answers and suggestion are appreciated.

• 1. Re: Create a new master repository
          Dayalan Punniyamoorthy

The ODI that comes with the FDMEE have limited licence (means that can be used only for FDMEE). If you have the full licence of ODI then my personal choice would be using the same Master Repository and create a different work repository for the custom integrations.

HTH,

Dayalan P.

• 2. Re: Create a new master repository

But Oracle support did not recommend this solution which is creating a new work repository nor creating new master repository, and yes i have full ODI license.

• 3. Re: Create a new master repository
              Dayalan Punniyamoorthy

You can create a SR to get it verified, Years back i heard from Oracle for Creating a separate work repository and using the same Master Repo. It is easy for management and migration.

Note: FDMEE creates the Work repository with Internal ID 501 (i believe it still hold true for latest version). So be cautious about creating the internal ID as unique between instance (Dev, Test etc...)

Regards,

Dayalan P.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Create a new master repository

I really appreciate your quick response, thank you, but oracle respond with the following:

Can i create a new master repository?? and create new work repository in it?? if yes, can you tell me the steps to do so?

RESPONSE: No, If you create any repository the data will move to FDMEE repository only. So, it is not recommended.

I dont know why i can't !!

• 5. Re: Create a new master repository
                  Dayalan Punniyamoorthy

RESPONSE: No, If you create any repository the data will move to FDMEE repository only. So, it is not recommended.

The response is not making sense at least to me. If you have full licence of ODI. You can create a separate master repository/work repository (without disturbing the FDMEE part) Or use the same Master repo of FDMEE and create a new Work Repo (for Custom Integration) with different Internal ID.

Reply them back to Oracle support for more clarification

Regards,

Dayalan P.

• 6. Re: Create a new master repository

Yes, same to me since we have full ODI license.

• 7. Re: Create a new master repository
                      SH_INT

All I would say is that don't think that Oracle support are the product experts. If you are lucky you may get someone with specific knowkledge of the product your request is related to otherwise they will usually check the knowledge base and give you standard responses.

If you have a full ODI license you can do whatever you want with ODI. The advice they have given you half right half wrong.  If you are looking to customise the FDMEE Open Interface adpater then you should create a new work repository (with an ID greater than 900 to avoid conflicts) and then do the following:

1. In the custom repository, import the model folders named: Open Interface Adapter Model and ERPI Target Model. 
                      2. In the custom repository, import the Open Interface Adapter Project.

This repository then becomes your development repository for FDMEE. When you modify any of the FDMEE objects in this repository do not change the seeded objects but take a copy of each object you want to change and suufix the new object names to identify them as customized objects. When your development is complete you export the new custom objects from the development repository and import them back into the original FDMEE work repository.

If you want to do custom development not related to FDMEE then like I said you can do whatever you fell is best with a full ODI license

• 8. Re: Create a new master repository
                        Francisco Amores

SH gave you the right answer. Besides, just to add that you don't need to create a new master rep, just create a new custom rep for the existing FDMEE master rep.

• 9. Re: Create a new master repository

I created a new master repository so as i stay in the safe side, thank you a lot for your help.