5 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 7:34 PM by John 'JB' Brock-Oracle

v3.0.0 - Error with Grunt build and serve tasks with initConfig() in Gruntfile.js

Hello,

I'm in the processing of upgrading to v3.0.0 following the instructions in the documentation.  My Gruntfile.js loads and registers other grunt tasks (in addition to the OracleJET's task) which require configurations defined in the initConfig.  If the grunt.initConfig({}) in the Gruntfile.js, JET's build and serve tasks encounter the following error and abort the task.

Task:       build

Error:      Running "build" task

Running "oraclejet-build:undefined" (oraclejet-build) task
                     Oracle JET Grunt plugin
                     Processing Grunt command...
                     JET Warning: Missing platform. Default to web.
                    Warning: Cannot set property 'buildType' of undefined Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

Task:     serve

Error:     Running "serve" task

Running "oraclejet-serve:undefined" (oraclejet-serve) task
                    Oracle JET Grunt plugin
                    Processing Grunt command...
                    JET Warning: Missing platform. Default to web.
                    Warning: Cannot read property 'connect' of undefined Use --force to continue.

Aborted due to warnings.

I was able to reproduce the same error after scaffolding a new application from the Yeoman generator v3.0.0.  Added an empty grunt.initConfig({ }); between the require('load-grunt-config') and loadNpmTasks("grunt-oraclejet") in Gruntfile.js.  Performed grunt build and grunt serve; both tasks aborted with error.  Tried --force, it didn't work either.

Please let me know what need to be added to the initConfig so it both tasks would run successfully.

Thanks,

-karen