2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 5:52 PM by 979524

ADOP in PCP setup

Hi,

I have configured PCP in 2  node apps. when I shutdown cmctl / shutdown apps in secondary node, then the same time CMs will go down in first node as well.

adop phase=cutover allnodes=yes

In such cases, How I can do cutover node by node instead of doing all at time after adop session. so availability can maintain ?

If I do cutover in one secondary node, automatically the CMs in primary node will go down. How I can avoid that ?

Is it mandatory to perform cutover first on primary node if I want to do one by one?

Can I do cutover on secondary first today then on primary after some time/some days?

• 1. Re: ADOP in PCP setup
          Prashant Umap

Hello,

Thanks for the post. Please find below details -

In such cases, How I can do cutover node by node instead of doing all at time after adop session. so availability can maintain ?

- As per my knowledge you cant do cutover node wise. You have to do it on Node1.

If I do cutover in one secondary node, automatically the CMs in primary node will go down. How I can avoid that ?

• Shut down internal concurrent manager. The adop utility signals the internal concurrent manager to shut down, but will wait for any existing concurrent requests to finish before it proceeds with cutover actions.

Note: Cutover will take longer if it has to wait for long-running concurrent processes to complete. In such a case, you can expect to see an informational message of the form: Waiting for ICM to go downIf you do not want to wait for in-progress concurrent requests to finish normally, you can terminate the internal concurrent manager by executing the adcmctl.sh abort command from a different shell.

• Shut down application tier services: All application tier services are brought down. During this period, the system is unavailable to users.

• Cutover database: Promote patch database edition to become the new run database edition, using adzdpmgr.pl script.

• Cutover file system: Promote patch file system to become the new run file system, switching the $FILE_EDITION values in the patch and run environments. The current patch APPL_TOP becomes the new run APPL_TOP, and the current run APPL_TOP becomes the new patch APPL_TOP. Terminate old database sessions: Terminate any database connections to the old run edition of the database.

• Start application tier services: Application tier services are restarted, on the new run edition. The system is now available again to users

• ADZDPATCH concurrent program is cancelled when the cutover phase is complete.

Is it mandatory to perform cutover first on primary node if I want to do one by one?

Yes, and it will take care of other nodes too.

Can I do cutover on secondary first today then on primary after some time/some days?

No.

FYI -

Cutover is having only two parameters -

mtrestart=(yes|no)  [default: yes].

Specifies whether to restart application tier servers after cutover.

Leave at default unless you need to perform manual steps during the

cutover downtime.

cm_wait=<minutes>  [default: forever]

Specifies the number of minutes to wait for Concurrent Manager

shutdown.  Adop cutover starts by requesting a concurrent manager

shutdown and then waits for in-progress requests to complete.

If Concurrent Manager does not shutdown within the specified

time limit, remaining concurrent requests will be killed and

cutover will proceed.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this topic.

Regards

Prashant Umap

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ADOP in PCP setup

Thanks a lot. I have got.