1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 4:39 PM by 2763270 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
      • 15. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
        874722e4-eef6-4faa-adef-7fb5bc1d4316

I received the same error on my windows 10 machine. I was able to make it work by running the installer from CMD. Run CMD as admin, cd to path and run setup.exe. I hope this helps others. 

• 16. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
          Wernfried

I had similar problem with Oracle installation. For me the solution was to delete all

%TEMP%\CVU*%USERNAME%

folders. After that installation and also deinstall worked fine.

• 17. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
            b633517a-d4de-4cc3-8ec9-6866994c9c01

Try deleting the folder CVU_12.2.0.1.0_[your_account_name] at "C:\Users\[your _account_name]\AppData\Local\Temp\CVU_12.2.0.1.0_[your_account_name]" It worked for me. Make sure all oracle services in your service manager are stopped.

• 18. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
              d96c0404-3c6e-4690-917b-aef2399a0b09

I am using Windows 10 Pro but still I am facing this issue? How can I fix it?

• 19. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                apu

You can configure setup.exe to skip this check using the parameters below -

setup.exe -ignorePrereq -ignorePrereq -J"-Doracle.install.db.validate.supportedOSCheck=false"

Go to cmd and go to the exact path where the setup.exe present and run the above command to install the DB. Please let me know the result.

Thank you.

• 20. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                  Shaik Ahmed Ali Bajubair

run the setup file using administrator user.

• 21. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                    salvelinus fontinalis

OK, well this discussion is all very elliptical, but here is what I did just now with the 32 and 64 bit 12.2.0.2 12C client only, and Instant Client at that:

1) Clean junk from System PATH.  The installer wants to prefix the path with the install location.  When it can't it blows chunks.  This may mean taking any references to previous Oracle clients out of the path, which I did.  I left a reference I found to C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath but I think it is a leftover.

2) Reboot workstation and make sure the service OracleRemExecServiceV2 is GONE, not just disabled.  It is gonna come back to haunt you so keep tuned....

3) Install 64-bit client to a desired location,  The root for mine is:
                    C:\app\client\12c64

and the final installed location became:

C:\app\client\12c64\product\12.2.0\client_1

YOU MAY GET  A WARNING ABOUT A FAILED PREREQUISITE FOR THE PATH.  YOU HAVE TO IGNORE THAT AND KEEP GOING.  YOU ARE GOING TO HEAL IT YOURSELF.

4)  The path will now show this location.   I wanted to have BOTH 32 and 64-bit clients running, so I followed the directions found here:

Use 32 and 64bit Oracle Client in parallel on Windows 7 64-bit for e.g. .NET Apps · Realfiction which worked exactly as advertised.  If you follow these instructions, the apparent install location for the client now will end up as C:\Windows\System32\12c\ in the PATH which will in turn point at the real location  through a symlink (see (2) ).  IN a nutshell, the instructions say that a symlink e.g. 12c has to be added to C:\Windows\System32 for 64-bit and another with the exact same name to C:\windows\SYSWOW64 for 32-bit.

5) If you are only installing one flavor, you should be all done.  You may wish to clean out the service OracleRemExecServiceV2 so skip to the last item.

Please note that you may have multiple Oracle Homes if you did not clean these out /uninstall first, but your client will load from the latest one installed.  Not going to discuss switching Oracle_Home here - hate that so-called feature.  Good luck.

6) If you are installing both 32 and 64-bit clients, you must edit the PATH again and get rid of the Oracle-installed directory reference e.g. C:\app\client\12c64\product\12.2.0\client_1. It will be at the front of the PATH (first). Because of the symlink (See (4)) you only need C:\Windows\System32\12c\ for the 32 or 64 bit apps to find the needful bits.

7) At this point the service OracleRemExecServiceV2 will very likely have reappeared.  It is left over from step 3.  Again, stop it, disable it, make sure it is removed etc. AND REBOOT to make it go away.  If there is a folder

C:\Users\<account_name_goes_here>\AppData\Local\Temp\oraremservicev2 KILL IT and its contents.  If in doubt REBOOT until you have no OracleRemExecServiceV2  service and no vestigial folder.

8)  Install the 32-bit client to your desired location.  It will add its 'Oracle_Home' at the front of the PATH.  Again, remove that from the PATH and let the symlink C:\WIndows\System32\12c resolve to the right client architecture.

9) I tested that the right thing was happening using the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of PL/SQL DEVELOPER (allroundautomations.com) which showed that the right OCI DLLs were being referenced for the architecture from the correct actual locations.

HTH. 

I am about to try installing Oracle Developer Tools on top of all this now that all this is apparently working.

• 22. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                      Pavan Kumar

Hi,

You can some option, if you have good amount of RAM, then host / create  virtual system using VMware/ Virtual box then install oracle and practice.

Just your determination is required to learn and you will find ways to achieve it.

- Thanks
                      Pavan Kumar N

• 23. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]

I am so frustrated with oracle products.. i simple do not understand why everything is complicated in oracle's world..

simple installation takes forever.

Installing Steps:

Still ancient way of installing stuff.. first download these gigantic Disk 1 .. unzip ... waste time in xclock and DISPLAY variables... -silent mode is so hidden and silent, half of the people dont even know how to use it.. and on top of it the bureaucracy of this company ..

If you need Directory service..  ok get the latest OUD and OUDSM(Graphical console for directory server).. for OUDSM you need ADF (It has to be collated, in same installation else default nothing will work ) for ADF you need Weblogic server ..

Ok now you download Elephant1  ZIP (ADF Framework)

Elephant 2 (Weblogic)

Now try to create a domain ...

Now you do the RCU to create schemas in database ??? WHAT  ??  YES BRO you need to have Oracle database too..

ok, now youw download fourth Elephant zip Oracle DB..

and yes VOLLA .. here is the problem again.. you cannot install this elephant because of the issue reported above ...

BAD BAD BAD...

I wish Oracle will create a rotten tomatoes page/utility and they will understand the pain of developers ..

Sorry 3423362  cannot help but frustrated with all the products.

back in SUN Microsystem time, it was so easy straight forward.. you need Directory Server .. unzip boom ready

you need DSCC (Graphical console for DSEE) .. deploy the WAR on any web container boom.. you are ready ..not forcing you have only Weblogic Server, Oracle DB is a must for basic Graphic console..

Height of bureaucracy

• 24. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                          rsreynolds

Check to see if any other Oracle Services are running. If so, stop them. Run the installer again and once past the point of failure you can start Oracle Services again. This worked in my case where I had other Oracle products installed.

Good luck!

• 25. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]
                            EdStevens

rsreynolds wrote:

Check to see if any other Oracle Services are running. If so, stop them. Run the installer again and once past the point of failure you can start Oracle Services again. This worked in my case where I had other Oracle products installed.

Good luck!

rsreynolds,

Did you see the age of this thread?

Did you perceive that the OP was more interested in venting than solving his problem?

• 26. Re: Installation failure of Oracle database 12c - error [INS-30131]

thank you very much. I deleted the indicated folder and I was able to continue with the installation.

Thanks, again!

(installation in AIX operating system)

1 2 Previous Next