2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 7:23 AM by PiusV

OBIEE12c Migration (from 11.1.1.7.150120) fails

PiusV

Hi folks

I've got a Problem and do not know how to solve it

I've installed OBIEE12c on a new (Windows!) Server and extracted there the bi-migration-tool.jar and moved it to the old OBIEE 11.1.1.7-Server where i create the test_Export_170403.jar.

When i try to load this JAR into my newly installed 12c Environment it always Fails.

My command to load is:     migration-tool.cmd in config d:\obi12c\test_export_170403.jar ssi

Problem showed in the Migration_2017_xxxxx.log is:

2017-04-03 16:01:15 WARNING Failed to zip log files

java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file

at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:233)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.FileUtils.copyStreamContentToStream(FileUtils.java:47)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.FileUtils.copyFileContentToStream(FileUtils.java:21)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.ZipUtils.recursivelyAddToZip(ZipUtils.java:172)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.ZipUtils.recursivelyAddToZip(ZipUtils.java:178)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.ZipUtils.bestEfforRecursivelyAddToZip(ZipUtils.java:256)

at oracle.bi.migration.util.ZipUtils.bestEffortCompressDirectoryToZip(ZipUtils.java:213)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.BundleImporter_.finish(BundleImporter_.java:524)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.actionspecification.ImportAction.finish(ImportAction.java:244)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.MigrationConductor.performMigrationAction(MigrationConductor.java:136)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.go(MigrationTool.java:200)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.main(MigrationTool.java:255)

<oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.BundleImporter_ finish>

2017-04-03 16:01:15 SEVERE  Import failed: Plugin metadata -- oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.TransformBarException: Transformation failed. Check logs for failure messages.

oracle.bi.migration.importer.ImportProblemException: Plugin metadata -- oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.TransformBarException: Transformation failed. Check logs for failure messages.

at oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.MetadataImportPlugin.importData(MetadataImportPlugin.java:55)

at oracle.bi.migration.security.ImporterPluginJail$3.run(ImporterPluginJail.java:78)

at oracle.bi.migration.security.ImporterPluginJail$3.run(ImporterPluginJail.java:75)

at oracle.bi.migration.security.MigrationToolSecurityManager.withinPluginContext(MigrationToolSecurityManager.java:128)

at oracle.bi.migration.security.ImporterPluginJail.importData(ImporterPluginJail.java:70)

at oracle.bi.migration.api.adaptor.importer.V1ImporterPluginAdaptor.importData(V1ImporterPluginAdaptor.java:50)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.BundleImporter_.doPluginImport(BundleImporter_.java:271)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.BundleImporter_.runImport(BundleImporter_.java:194)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.actionspecification.ImportAction.performAction(ImportAction.java:187)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.MigrationActionExecutor$1.run(MigrationActionExecutor.java:32)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.MigrationActionExecutor.executeMigrationAction(MigrationActionExecutor.java:52)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.MigrationConductor.performMigrationAction(MigrationConductor.java:122)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.go(MigrationTool.java:200)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.main(MigrationTool.java:255)

Caused by: oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.TransformBarException: Transformation failed. Check logs for failure messages.

at oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.TransformBar.transformBar(TransformBar.java:166)

at oracle.bi.migration.plugin.metadata.MetadataImportPlugin.importData(MetadataImportPlugin.java:44)

... 14 more

<oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool alertUser>

I am not shure what to do now. Try to reboot the Server and load Migration then didnt solve my Problem. Still cannot finish the migration and always got the "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file"...

Does anybody have an idea or hint what to do?

Thank you for your answers and best regards

Pius