4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 8:00 PM by Aldrich

issue with user_guid

Hi All,

is there any possibility that one user 2 records in fnd_user table with same user_guid?

how user_guid is getting created in fnd_user table?

please suggest.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: issue with user_guid
          John_K

There is a default index on user_guid which is not unique, so one has to assume yes, it is possible to have duplicates.

From etrm.oracle.com:

USER_GUIDRAW(16)used to store the guid defined for this user record's corresponding entry in OID

which means that unless you are using Identity Manager then you probably won't have any entries.

• 2. Re: issue with user_guid

so you mean to say that user_guid is coming from OIM?

Please suggest and confirm.

• 3. Re: issue with user_guid
              John_K

Sorry, I meant Oracle Internet Directory (OID). I couldn't say for sure, however eTRM suggests so.

• 4. Re: issue with user_guid
                Aldrich

Yes. I have cleared that column out and it will repopulate upon logging in via osso/oid.  If you log in using the local login jsp, it wont populate.

We clear that column out when cloning EBS from PROD to non-PROD when the non-PROD uses a different osso/oid, as the guids differ in the non-prod oid.

In your case, I would delete the user_guid for both users (in a non-PROD of course) and see how it goes from there...