1 Reply Latest reply on May 10, 2017 8:52 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Oracle Certifications, a very old dream

Hussam Mohammed

My story with Oracle started since my first day at university. It wasn’t an academic day but rather we were introduced to the courses of ICT degree including the different technologies that we will be using, I only remember two words ‘Oracle’ and ‘Database’. That was the goal I had until I graduated and started my first job where I had to work with Oracle databases on daily basis. I tried showing up with a better performance, but that had no effect on making me recognized. I though Oracle certifications will be the suitable key that can reflect the skills and knowledge of a database administrator. Here was the major change that took place when I entered the certifications path, in fact during the time I was having the training sessions, I was able to adapt what I learn into the projects assigned to me. Nevertheless, I recently passed the required exams and got the ‘Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate’. It is a sign of recognition that promoted me to higher levels as well as getting offered with better employment opportunities.

To be continued in the soon future with (Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional).

• 1. Re: Oracle Certifications, a very old dream
          Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Hello Hussam,

Thanks for submitting your story! We'd like to use your story on our Oracle Certification Blog. Could you send some additional information via email?

Please send an email to ocpreq_ww@oracle.com with the subject line "Tell Us Your Story - Blog Post"

- Attach a photo if you'd like to include a photo on the post.

- Include your mailing address to receive the Oracle Certified Journal.

Please remember the Giveaway Terms

Anyone who submits a story on how Oracle Certification has helped their career, through the Tell Us Your Story section of the Oracle Certification Community, will receive an Oracle Certification branded journal. Offer is good January 11, 2017 through June 30, 2017. No purchase necessary. Must provide valid shipping address. Must be 18 or older. Government/Public Sector employees, Oracle employees and their family members, and residents of Quebec and countries under US embargo are not eligible to participate. Limit one per person. While supplies last.

Thanks!

Brandye Barrington

Oracle Certification Program