• 15. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
      Christian Berg

Yes and no. I was proposing you take a simple SampleAppLite and the use the datamodel command to upload the RPD.

But since you mention it - you can also import one of the BAR files which come with any base install. Like the SampeLite BAR which contains the RPD from my above use case. For that you'd use importServiceInstance.

Mind you that will switch out RPD, webcat and the system-jazn, so your roles and responsibilities.

• 16. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
        Gianni Ceresa

Moving to RHEL is a good move (lately all the people having a Windows server in front of them doing an 11g to 12c upgrade are really thinking to install a linux VM hidden somewhere ).

Good thing you could test the LSQL directly : so Presentation service is out of the loop, the issue is between BI Server and the data source, but because the physical query works fine ....

I would really point on a different server to test, last "quick" test to see if it's just this single install which has an issue.

Just a random thing : would it be possible that your source is loading so frequently that tables or columns are empty because reloaded (or views rebuilt or something) ?

And that, no luck, when you test the physical query everything was loaded and so the query is fine?

For the test importing SampleLite BAR, as Christian said it will wipe everything, so make backups and also export your current instance first.

• 17. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
          JustTheFacts

Thanks again both of you for helping work through this. Our product manager just finished a fresh migration of our 11g production RPD/Webcat/Jazn to a different 12c environment (still RedHat) and I tested that installation with the same results - random this or that column is blank.

The subject areas I'm using to test are either daily or monthly loads, so it's not a data load issue. Caching is turned off in the RPD physical layer.

We're going to put in an SR to Oracle, but as I mentioned at the start...not looking forward to that experience.

I also have loaded up SampleAppLite.bar, but the XML data sources aren't set up correctly yet. Once I get that sorted out I'll do another test.

• 18. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
            Gianni Ceresa

No luck ...

Also because it's a kind of really annoying issue as you can't really find out a pattern

Would be nice if you can come back with an update once you heard something (I hope) from Oracle.

In case you have time/resources you can maybe also try a 12.2.1.1.0 ? (as you are now on 12.2.1.2.0)

• 19. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
              JustTheFacts

So, sort of related because I'm trying to get SampleApp working - when I import the BAR file, everything seems to work, but the RPD is not updated. The command I am running in WLST is:

importServiceInstance('/software/obiee/enterprise/user_projects/domains/bi','ssi','/software/obiee/enterprise/bi/bifoundation/samples/sampleapplite/SampleAppLite.bar')

And amongst all of the logging output I see:

INFO: Successfully run importServiceInstance for RPD plugin oracle.bi.bar.si.framework.plugin.RpdMetadataManagerPlugin

I have tried this both while services were up and running (restarting using stop.sh/start.sh after the import) and while services were stopped (after stop.sh). Either way, the webcat and JAZN are successfully "updated" to SampleApp, but I'm not getting the SampleApp RPD. My little test RPD is always left behind.

I haven't yet wrapped my head around how RPDs are handled in 12c, but for what it's worth, "liverpd.rpd" (at ssi/metadata/datamodel/customizations) does not have the current timestamp on it; seems to be from the last time I did "uploadrpd". However, the "default_diff.xml" file (in the /default subdirectory of the above directory) has been touched and has a current timestamp.

What am I doing wrong?

• 20. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                MattT-Oracle

Have you tried replacing the logical column with a constant value (just edit the column definition) to see if that displays?

• 21. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                  JustTheFacts

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt, but it's not "a" column. Which column will show up as empty changes depending on how I change the request, and a column which was blank before might show data if I change the request slightly. The first post has the details.

• 22. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                    Christian Berg

If it does a merge for you rather than a replace you can always use the datamodel command with the -D option.

• 23. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                      JustTheFacts

Yeah, well it's weird. It definitely replaces the webcat and the jazn. Just the RPD is left alone. Not even "merged", I'd say. At least, it didn't add any Sample App subject area(s) into it. Just my little baby test model was in there.

To use datamodel, I'd need just the RPD from the SampleApp BAR file, right? I'll Google how to get that extracted.

At the suggestion of our client rep, we submitted a priority 1 SR on this issue, and we have a webex with the tech tomorrow. I'm keen to see if this is a "duh, just do X" solution or if we stump the support tech also.

• 24. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                        Christian Berg

Yes you need the RPD from the BAR. You can simply open any BAR with 7z and get the RPD out.

• 25. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                          JustTheFacts

Oracle support's determination: "Hmm...that's strange."

I was very impressed that we skipped past all of the usual "do A, then B, then C" stuff - stuff which we've already eliminated as a cause - and got right down to a demo of the issue. One of my best Oracle Support experiences so far. The rep clearly understands what the issue is and, more importantly, what it is not.

We were able to test this issue on a Windows 12c installation, and could not reproduce it. So, Teradata only, Linux only. We're talking to Teradata now about recommended ODBC parameters in Linux. Maybe we've got some obscure setting wrong, even though the SQL does return the correct results if run directly using tdxodbc64.sh.

• 26. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                            Christian Berg

Wow. That's bad. But thanks for updating us!

• 27. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                              JustTheFacts

Final comment for anybody who happens upon this thread later:

This is a KNOWN BUG and there is a patch available for 12.2.1.2 (but not, as I understand it, for previous versions). Look for "Patch 25887247: TRACKING BUG FOR DATADIRECT 8.0.1 ODBC DRIVER MANAGER". Bug # is 25887247 however this does not appear to be publicly available.

After installing the patch, the problem went away.

• 28. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                                Christian Berg

Thanks for that update!

• 29. Re: Data missing in random columns in Analyses (12c 12.2.1.2)
                                  Gianni Ceresa

Can you flag your last post as the correct one? So people will not have to read everything and will directly see the answer (and it will also close the thread which is This question is Not Answered. for now)

1 2 上一个 下一个