8 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 12:44 PM by 3204537

Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE

When i try to Import/Export to planning application using FDMEE i face the following error

Cannot get OLAP server name for planning application

I am able to successfully refresh metadata and members for planning target app, and the error is faced only when trying to import or export to a planning app

• 1. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE
          USER1211

what version of Hyperion(including patch level).(e.g FDMEE 11.1.2.4.210)

Is this a new environment?

Have you ever successfully loaded on the environment?

Are you 1000% sure the account you are using is an admin account to the applications?

Have you had your IT team restart the server and services ?

• 2. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE

Hi,

The version in use is FDMEE 11.1.2.4.100.015

This is the production Environment, the setup being done for the first time on the same

Never as FDMEE was not touched before

Yes I am 100% sure that it is the Admin Account

yes al required restart of services and servers were performed

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE
              USER1211

For clarity also Have you sought to try a single record flat file load?

• 4. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE

Yes. Since s flat file load am able to import. But not able to export into planning cause of the error being faced

Error msg : "Cannot get OLAP server name for planning application"

I am able to successfully import from HFM also, but the same doesn't work for HP

• 5. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE
                  USER1211

Your initial question was on Hyperion Planning so focuing on that.

Did all the maps validate?

Are you using all explicit maps or like maps?

Can you connect to essbase via Smart View Essbase ad-hoc?

Also narrow down the flat file to one single record whose members you are 1000% sure exist in the Target Hyperion Planning application and try to load again.

• 6. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE

To Start with the issue being faced is when importing or exporting into planning using FDMEE. My source is HP application and target HFM app

Yes all the mappings were successfully validated without error. I am able to refresh members for HP app on FDMEE without any error being faced

Yes everything else relating to Essbase is working fine, even able to load data to essbase using HP successfully. The environment has been in use for more than a year

Since the source itself is HP, I cannot narrow down any records. In simple terms HP being the source, FDMEE is not able to pick the data from HP to map with HFM

• 7. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE
                      USER1211

You stated a flat file load(not a FDMEE data sync) now you are stating it is not a flat file load.

Notably even FDMEE data sync you can narrow down the data set(to one intersection) you pulling based on the source filters.

"..the environment has been an issue for more than a year..." given that statement you may want to open an Oracle SR.

You may want to Google how to setup FDMEE data sync too as several folks have done blogs on the setup.

Other members of the board will certainly offer some recommendations.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

• 8. Re: Error while Importing or Exporting to Planning Application through FDMEE

I have not mentioned that the load is for a flat file. Even the topic states import/export to planning application using FDMEE . An Oracle SR has been raised but no reply from the team yet. Hence raised it on the community so to get a reply in case anyone has seen the error before.

The FDMEE Data sync is running successfully on test environment, but the error faced is on production environment which is a clustered environment.

Source filter also has been set to one single row, but the import itself doesn't work cause fdmee is not able to connect to the olap server, as stated as the error msg. And also even if flat file with one line for load only shouldn't make any difference with the error, as if the source is a flat file with only one record and the target HP, the Export step fails as FDMEE is not able to connect to HP. Where as all the mappings are validated successfully and refresh members for HP also performed successfully.

The issue is when trying to export or import from HP, FDMEE throws an error stating cannot get olap server name for planning application, and not an issue with the mapping

Thank you for the reply. Awaiting a response on other members on community in case anybody has faced this error before