7 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2017 2:40 PM by Gianni Ceresa

uploading a repository to bi server

Maahjoor

Dear all,

i am using BI Administration tool. i want to upload a repository.

previously, the following command was working fine. look at the previous result.

Cd C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi\bitools\bin

1. datamodel.cmd uploadrpd -I C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home2\bi\bifoundation\server\Student_Repository.rpd -W Oracle_123 -U weblogic -P Oracle_123 -SI pdborcl

Service Instance: ssi

Operation successful.

RPD upload completed successfully.

now, after three days, i am running the same command, but nothing is happening. look at the result below.

i remember only one thing which i do to my computer which is resetting the network wifi adapter and restarting my computer. after that it is not working,

could somebody please guide me with the issue above?

i am using OBIEE 12c on windows 64bit with oracle database 12c.

Regards.

• 1. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
          Christian Berg

Maahjoor wrote:

i am using OBIEE 12c on windows 64bit with oracle database 12c.

1.) "windows 64bit" can be anything since Windows NT

2.) "12c" can be 12.2.1.0.0 or 12.2.1.1.0 or 12.2.1.2.0 so please be precise when asking questions

3.) If you look at the certification matrix you will see that only 2 of Microsofts server OSs are certified with the current version 12.2.1.2.0:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/fusion-middleware/documentation/fmw-122120-certmatrix-3254735.xlsx

So if you are using any desktop Windows (like 7, 8 or 10) then you are outside of any certified setup. Get a real server OS and run things there. Or if you want to do it the simple way like most people in here - get the preconfigured OEL-based SampleApp VM: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

• 2. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
            Gianni Ceresa

Maahjoor wrote:

-SI pdborcl

Why are you passing the service instance of your DB to OBIEE? Did you really changed the service instance from SSI to pdborcl? (the screenshot says it's SSI ...).

Maahjoor wrote:

only one thing which i do to my computer which is resetting the network wifi adapter and restarting my computer

So I guess you are a client OS (what Christian was saying, never saw a server with a wifi card). By "resetting" your network you probably got a new IP and so the name/ip used during the install doesn't match anymore and commands aren't finding your server anymore.

If you use any network capture tool you will see exactly what IP/domain the command try to connect to and you will maybe find your answer there.

• 3. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
              Maahjoor

hi,

i have already mark this thread as correct. but just once strange thing i want to share is that the datamodel.cmd file under  C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\bi\bitools\bin> is complete empty. there is nothing in it. the datamodel.sh file contain the following text but i think it is for linux.

#!/bin/sh

# WARNING: This file is created by the Configuration Wizard.

# Any changes to this script may be lost when adding extensions to this configuration.

DOMAIN_HOME="C:/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/bi/bin/../../user_projects/domains/bi"

export DOMAIN_HOME

C:/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/bi/modules/oracle.bi.commandline.tools/scripts/datamodel.sh "$@"

could i recreate this datamodel.cmd file by any mean?

Regards

• 4. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
                Gianni Ceresa

You can use the one provided by your Admin tool so you even don't need to first copy a RPD file to the server to then upload it.

But my Admin tool install doesn't have a /user_projects inside, so I'm not sure of what kind of install you have ...

Are you still trying to install OBIEE 12c on your Windows desktop OS? If your install isn't done and your OBIEE configured the scripts are useless. On a Windows Desktop OS you install the Admin tool, and this one has a datamodel.cmd inside which works just fine.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
                  Maahjoor

i already had installed it and it was working fine, till this problem occur. i will never install it on my laptop again in future. i will use vitual images as you already guided and thank you very much for that. i have already download the virtual machine image and install it. configuration is pending which should not take that much time.

i was just currious about the datamodel.cmd file and just think to share this issue here. for my future practices, i will use virtual image instead. it is safe and clean.

Regards.

• 6. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
                    Maahjoor

i just tried the solution you provided and look at the output.

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home2\bi\bitools\bin>datamodel.cmd uploadrpd -I D:\StugradBI\Repository\StugradRepo.rpd -W Oracle_123 -U weblogic -P Oracle_123 -SI pdborcl -S localhost

WARNING: Trust store is not defined. SSL connections will not be available.

usage: uploadrpd -I <RPD filename> [-W <RPD password>] [ -V enable validation of rpd] [-D] [-KG <groups>] [-RG <groups>] -U <cred user> [-P <cred password>] [-SI <service instance>] [-S <host>] [-N <port>] [-SSL] [-TS trustStore jks filename] [-TSP trust store password]

Options for removing existing customization groups on the server:

-D                   : Remove all customization groups.

-D -KG group1,group2 : Remove all customization groups exception of group1 and group2.

-D -RG group1,group2 : Remove group1 and group2 but keep all others.

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home2\bi\bitools\bin>

• 7. Re: uploading a repository to bi server
                      Gianni Ceresa

Maahjoor wrote:

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home2\bi\bitools\bin>datamodel.cmd uploadrpd -I D:\StugradBI\Repository\StugradRepo.rpd -W Oracle_123 -U weblogic -P Oracle_123 -SI pdborcl -S localhost

Apparently you didn't really get the syntax and the values of the parameters.

localhost: as the OBIEE server isn't running on your Windows Desktop, why are you using localhost?

pdborcl: as said already the service instance is "ssi", the default value and I really don't believe you changed it! pdborcl sounds like your database instance

To use "datamodel.cmd uploadrpd" you first need an OBIEE server up and running somewhere, once you get it use that command pointing to that OBIEE environment.

1 person found this helpful