4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 8:51 AM by mahy

Strange behavior when importing unit tests

mahy

Hi all,

when I run import of a unit test or suite using CLI, this what I expect to see:

C:\Users\me\Documents>"D:\tools\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sdcli.exe" unittest -imp -repo CONN1 -file "%cd%\Regression_suite.xml" -overwrite

NAVIGATOR HOOK PROCESS DESCRIPTORS LOAD TIME : 422ms

imported test 'TEST1'

imported suite 'Regression_suite'

Command Completed.

In works on most of our machines, but on one of our machines, this is what happens instead:

C:\Users\me\Documents>"D:\tools\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sdcli.exe" unittest -imp -repo CONN1 -file "D:\foo\bar\Regression_suite.xml" -overwrite

NAVIGATOR HOOK PROCESS DESCRIPTORS LOAD TIME : 250ms

Befehl abgeschlossen.

(Please forgive that the locale of that machine is set to Swiss German )

What's going on here??? There's no error message, the command ends successfully ("Befehl abgeschlossen" is German for "Command Completed"), but the lines beginning with "imported..." are not there! And of course, nothing gets imported in the end!

I'd like to point out that both attemps use identical XML files and they both contact the very same repository. It works from most machines, but the one where it doesn't work is our CI machine running Bamboo, so we need to have it working there as well (but this error manifests itself even when run outside Bamboo).

Does anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix it? Many thanks in advance!