5 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2017 9:54 PM by Abdulrahman2

Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program

Abdulrahman2

Hi Intelligentsia,

we have developed a concurrent program which changes status of Employee Contract based on parameter "PRINTED" or "PROCESSED"   when executed.

i am calling this program programmatically, however recently after i turned of Debugging XML Publisher,

it started working wierd and does not pass the parameters  "PRINTED" or "PROCESSED"   when executed explicitly.

please see the snapshots below

2017-05-12_1.png

after clicking on OK, it shows the parameter in the Submit request window

however once you submit it does not take the PRINTED parameter at all, why does this happen. however it sometimes allows but i am unable to get to know the pattern and repeat the pattern.

can you please help me debug this.i am unable to find the pattern.

this program used to work fine until yesterday, before we setup the xml publisher debugging and disabled it as per document

How to Obtain Debug Information for XML Publisher Version 5.6? (Doc ID 286962.1)

regards

AR

2017-05-12_2.png

• 1. Re: Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program
          mdtaylor

Please show a screenshot of your concurrent program definitio, revert the debug change setting and restart the concurrent managers from the OS.

• 2. Re: Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program
            Abdulrahman2

Hi mdtaylor

The Valueset of Contract Status Column is "120 Characters", i have restarted the instance multiple times after reverting back from xml publisher debug status.

but it still behaves erratically and does not  pass parameters even after i send it programmatically from sql developer

BEGIN

BEGIN

FND_GLOBAL.APPS_INITIALIZE(USER_ID=>12720, RESP_APPL_ID=>800 , RESP_ID=>50638  );

END;

XXTG_CA_DEPLOYMENT_PKG.UPDATE_CONTRACT

( P_CONTRACT_ID  =>3025,

P_CONTRACT_ACCEPTED=>  NULL, --XXTG_REC.CONTRACT_ACCEPTED,

P_RESIGNED_DUE_TO_CONTRACT=> NULL, --XXTG_REC.RESIGNED,

P_CONTRACT_SIGNED_DATE    => SYSDATE,

P_CONTRACT_STATUS         => NULL, --'A-ACTIVE', --:='A-ACTIVE';

P_CONTRACT_REASON         =>'PRINTED' , -- 'PROCESSED', --:='PROPOSED';

P_CONTRACT_DOC_STATUS    =>'PRINTED' , --VARCHAR2 DEFAULT 'PROCESSED',  --:='CREATED';

P_ASSIGNMENTS_CREATION_DATE => SYSDATE

);

END;

• 3. Re: Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program
              mdtaylor

I cannot see how your custom progran had anything to do with the XDO XML Publisher Engine.  Please remove any xdodebug.cfg created, remove the DEBUG=Y parameter, shutdown the applications, run autoconfig from the same ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME directory and restart.

• 4. Re: Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program
                Abdulrahman2

hi @mdtaylor,

i have removed xdodebug.cfg  from the  $AF_JRE_TOP/lib

and also removed the Y value in Debug Flag of concurrent program

i will run Adautoconfig now and update you .

Thanks and regards

AR

• 5. Re: Unable to pass parameters in Concurrent Program for particular Program
                  Abdulrahman2

Hi mdtaylor

Issue was with programmatic call to concurrent program ,

during debugging i had commented two other parameters, once i uncommented these two columns, all the code started working properly.

thanks a ton for the input that it is not a XML Publisher Issue.

Grateful for your quick reply.

AR

ln_request_id := fnd_request.submit_request (

application   => 'TGCUST',

program       => 'XXTG_UPDATE_CONTRACT',

description   => 'XXTG Update Contract Assignment Salary HRA TRA',

start_time    => sysdate,

sub_request   => FALSE,

argument1     => P_CONTRACT_ID,

argument2     => P_CONTRACT_ACCEPTED,

argument3     => P_RESIGNED_DUE_TO_CONTRACT,

---     argument4     => P_CONTRACT_SIGNED_DATE,

argument5     => P_CONTRACT_STATUS,

argument6     => P_CONTRACT_REASON,

argument7     => P_CONTRACT_DOC_STATUS,

---      argument8     => P_ASSIGNMENTS_CREATION_DATE

);

The above concurrent program was initiated from this  PLSQL Call below,

so whatever parameters were passed to Contract Signed date and Assignment Creation Date, that were not passed and  the call below was not working.

now it is working fine,

XXTG_CA_DEPLOYMENT_PKG.UPDATE_CONTRACT

( P_CONTRACT_ID  =>3025,

P_CONTRACT_ACCEPTED=>  '', --XXTG_REC.CONTRACT_ACCEPTED,

P_RESIGNED_DUE_TO_CONTRACT=> '', --XXTG_REC.RESIGNED,

P_CONTRACT_SIGNED_DATE    => null,

P_CONTRACT_STATUS         => '', --'A-ACTIVE', --:='A-ACTIVE';

P_CONTRACT_REASON         =>'PRINTED' , -- 'PROCESSED', --:='PROPOSED';

P_CONTRACT_DOC_STATUS    =>'PRINTED' , --VARCHAR2 DEFAULT 'PROCESSED',  --:='CREATED';

P_ASSIGNMENTS_CREATION_DATE => null --SYSDATE

);