5 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 11:02 AM by Pravin Takpire

Convert EBS database to RAC

User404807

Hello,

I'm going to convert ebs (R12.2) to RAC using note Doc ID 1626606.1.

There is a step in the note which is confusing me:

~~~

<Moderator Edit - deleted contents of MOS Doc - please DO NOT post such content - it is a violation of your Support Agreement>

~~~

I've performed step 4.2.1.1

But I do not understand if  I need to follow the steps in 1926201.1 if no upgrade required or I just have to apply all required db patches on new rac enabled db homes. In my case source db home version is 12.1 already.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Convert EBS database to RAC
          mdtaylor

They just want to ensure you have applied all mandatory 12.1.0.2 DB patches to your fresh installed Oracle Home from the EBS Technology patch note:

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)

You can also download the latest ETCC patch checker and run it against your 12c home.

Patch 17537119 EBS Technology Codelevel Checker

https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/PatchDetails/process_form?patch_num=17537119

• 2. Re: Convert EBS database to RAC
            Pravin Takpire

Apply all required patches on to be new RAC Home.

regards

Pravin

• 3. Re: Convert EBS database to RAC
              Kanda-Oracle

Post conversion to RAC, please review the output of bde_chk_cbo.sql as per note 174605.1  to check whether init.ora are in tact. This helps to preempt many issues (esp perf. issues) .

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Convert EBS database to RAC
                User404807

Thanks for your responses.

Please help me with the following:

Q1: Do I need to perform any other steps from note 1926201.1  besides patching?
                For instance as far as I understand I also have  to  create nls/data/9idata directory as per step 7 from this note.

Q2: Do I have to run post install instructions (datapatch) for applied patches  if the same patches were applied on single-instance source before migration. Except a PSU which is different for RAC.  (on my single-instance source I have applied Patch:25434003  and on my target RAC instance - Patch:25171037 )?

Q3: Can I clone from single instance to rac. According to documentation it's unsupported scenario. But I want to understand if it's possible to do converting to RAC instead of the db part and then proceed with app tier cloning (from section 7 in 926201.1 )?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Convert EBS database to RAC
                  Pravin Takpire

Q1: Do I need to perform any other steps from note 1926201.1  besides patching?
                  For instance as far as I understand I also have  to  create nls/data/9idata directory as per step 7 from this note.

--> you need to create nls/data/9idata using perl script given in note on both nodes. This is useful when you are going to use languages other than US ENGLISH

Q2: Do I have to run post install instructions (datapatch) for applied patches  if the same patches were applied on single-instance source before migration. Except a PSU which is different for RAC.  (on my single-instance source I have applied Patch:25434003  and on my target RAC instance - Patch:25171037 )?

--> Other than PSU pathces ( patches which were not applied to Orignal home ) you dont have to run post install sqls

Q3: Can I clone from single instance to rac. According to documentation it's unsupported scenario. But I want to understand if it's possible to do converting to RAC instead of the db part and then proceed with app tier cloning (from section 7 in 926201.1 )?

-->  In this scenario, complete cloning with Single node and after that convert single node to RAC

regards

Pravin